Welcome, Guest

Asia's weight update
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Asia's weight update

Asia's weight update 18 Dec 2012 23:15 #7608

Asia went for her weigh in on Saturday and she's lost 1 and 1/2 kiolo's about 3 1/2 pounds, so at least it's coming off slowly but surely I don't think she's going to lose the same amount this month though because she's slowed down and I can't give her her usual 45 min evening walk because her leg starts to ache and she just plonks herself down on the ground, so I've shortened it to 30 mins She's now about 45 kilo's, personally I think she looks great but maybe a bit more weight off will help her arthritic leg
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia's weight update 19 Dec 2012 12:52 #7613

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Good to hear that Asia's diet is going well, i think she sounds about right for her size, but with the bad legs she is probably better being more on the lean side.

Re: Asia's weight update 19 Dec 2012 16:06 #7614

I agree Denise, I think she's looking lovely right now, when the vetenary nurse rang me after I'd originally had her weighed she suggested she should be around 30kilo`s!!! she hadn't seen Asia 'cos we only dropped in to weigh her, but 30 kilo's she'd look like matchstich dog! I don't think the nurse had ever seen an akita, Asia is now about 44 kilo's, I don't really want her t be less than 40/42 kilo's, but I'll see how things go

Re: Asia's weight update 19 Dec 2012 21:25 #7617

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
If she's struggling a little with arthritis she would really benefit from being leaner than she used to be as any extra weight will put pressure on the arthritic joints. It can make a real difference to take the extra weight off.

Also as they get older they will have reduced thyroid function that will make it harder for them to lose weight.
Last Edit: 19 Dec 2012 21:26 by AkitaInu.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter