Welcome, Guest

Asia's been to the vets
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Asia's been to the vets

Asia's been to the vets 07 Jan 2013 12:38 #7828

My Asia had a trip to the vets this morning, she's been lame for a little while and we thought it was a touch of arthriris, but in the last few days it got worse and she holds her rear leg up all the time, but when she goes for a walk she never lifts it (except for a wee ) and once she gets going she's only a bit lame. The vet did lots of checks on her leg and foot, pulling and pressing ect. she was such a very good girl and never complained once The vet wittled it down to it looks like it could be a torn tendon, the symptoms seem to fit, if it's notthat it could be onset arthritis. she's on metacam (antiinflamitory) for a week and if its a tendon problem she should show improvement within a few days, if it's arthritis the improvements will take longer, either way she'll need further treatment, exrays for arthritis and I don't know what for the tendon yet She's so good though, she isn't winging, whinning or complaining at all bless her, she only growled once (very slightly ) when I touched her foot.

I'm spoiling her today by letting her spend the day on the bed with her new cuddley snowman that she got for Christmas, but she's not going to be happy when she realizes her walks have been cut down to her doing her buisiness then going back home she loves her walks
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia's been to the vets 07 Jan 2013 13:01 #7830

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Poor Asia, i hope it's all sorted out for her soon.
Shiro was at the vets on New Years eve as he would not put his right front paw down and it swelled up 3 times it's normal size, he had 3 injections, painkiller, anti-inflam and anti-biotic. He also got these in tablets and i had to go back the day after New Years day. It turned out that he had 2 puncture wounds in between his toes and a abcess formed, it must have burst on the second night as there was quiet a bit of blood on his paw. He could'nt go for his walks and a friend come down with her car to nip him round the corner to his toilet !!!
He is fine now and has just finished all his tabs now.

Re: Asia's been to the vets 08 Jan 2013 23:50 #7841

Oh poor Shiro, that sounds really nasty but I'm glad he's feeling better now, what do you think caused the puncture marks? was he bitten by something? My old Benny had somthing simulsar to Shiro and he had to be put out and have it all washed out, it's horrible to see them lame isn't it, but I'm sure Asia walked with less of a limp tonight (sounds like Tiny Tim! )

Re: Asia's been to the vets 09 Jan 2013 12:44 #7843

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I dont know what punctured Shiro, could possibly have been a grass snake?? as there was 2 punctures you would think something like a fork rather than a piece of glass ??

Have you tried a bit of massage on Asias leg, this always seem to help Shiro with his dodgy shoulder??

Re: Asia's been to the vets 09 Jan 2013 14:37 #7845

It does sound like a snake bite doesn't it

I did try to massage Asia's foot and leg, she was okay with her leg but her foot made her growl and yelp, so I would assume any problem is to do with her foot area

Re: Asia's been to the vets 11 Jan 2013 22:30 #7861

• XenaW
  • Calm before the storm
Hope Asia and Shiro are feeling better soon and back fighting fit x
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter