Welcome, Guest

Asia's been to the vets
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Asia's been to the vets

Re: Asia's been to the vets 14 Jan 2013 18:21 #7891

She's still lame, her mood has picked up and she wants to play with her teddies. She went to the vets this morning and she's got to have exrays tomorrow morning it could be her knee tendon

I'm so worried about her, we've never been apart for more than a few hours, even when she was sedated for her skin scrapings I stayed with her, I know she's only going to be gone for a few hours, we collect her at 3 o'clock, but I'll miss her and worry about how she is.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia's been to the vets 14 Jan 2013 18:31 #7892

• XenaW
  • Calm before the storm
Thinking of you both, you must be really close; it must be awful but at least she'll be in good hands. It's good that her spirits are up a bit more, that's a good sign and hopefully once the Xrays have been done they can get Asia back on her feet again. Sounds silly but try your best to keep busy for the few hours and hopefully it will go quickly until you pick her up again. xx

Re: Asia's been to the vets 14 Jan 2013 20:38 #7894

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Will be thinking of you both tomorrow, fingers crossed they will be able to get Asia back on her paws.

Re: Asia's been to the vets 15 Jan 2013 10:07 #7900

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
Do you mean the cruciate ligament? Inja had his repaired last year and he's back running 5km 3 times a week now so while it's a big operation it is quite fixable. It's better to have it done sooner rather than later (when there's more damage to the joint).

Re: Asia's been to the vets 15 Jan 2013 13:00 #7903

They're looking for arthriris or tendon or that crucicate ligament, I'm hoping it's something that's not too serious and doesn't need an op she's eight years old now and I worry about how she'll take an operation

We dropped her off at 9-45 this morning and when the nurse came to take her away Asia dug her heels in and wouldn't budge, I had to give her a little push but she didn't go willingly and she was looking back at us it's a completly new vets surgary and Asia's only ever been there twice for her yearly boosters (and the couple of recent visits about this leg problem) but I left one of her favorite teddy's with the nurse to put next to her when she wakes up, just so's she can have a familiar smell near her. I still haven't heard anything, it could take up to 3-30 before they get in touch, I don't know why x-rays take so long?

As you suggested, I'm keeping very busy, the house is sparkling now and I've been chopping logs to get a lovely glowing fire together for when madam gets home, she loves a fire I'm now going to get stuck into trying to work out how to use all the stuff on photoshop and learn to create some digital artwork I really miss seeing her laying on her back, legs in the air next to me, or having to shout at her to get out of the bedroom she can stay in the bedroom with me at night but it's a no no in the day, but sometimes she gives me such a sweet look that I give in to her she's worked that look out to perfection I'm sure you all know what I mean

Fingers crossed it's not serious, I'll let you know as soon as I get her home

Re: Asia's been to the vets 15 Jan 2013 14:10 #7907

• AkitaInu
  • Proud and Loud
Inja was 10 when he had his cruciate op, so while not ideal it's necessarily a disaster. Better the cruciate than a hock problem as they are much more difficult to do anything about.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter