Welcome, Guest

Asia's been to the vets
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Asia's been to the vets

Re: Asia's been to the vets 15 Jan 2013 14:25 #7908

10, that makes me feel better My old Benny had slipping knee caps and a twisted long bone (it was growing spiral) and he had that all done when he was 2, that's when they found bad arthritis in his joints as well as all the other stuff, so I spose I'm a bit negative and thinking the worse
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia's been to the vets 15 Jan 2013 23:19 #7912

She's home at last she's still a bit slow and feeling down but she's been in the garden to do her wee and she had a nice long lay down in front of a roaring log fire I've now let her go upstairs on the bed so she can stretch right out and relax.

The results of her x-rays are that she's got "mild hip displasia" also her knee joint on the same side has been damaged, her cruciate ligament has also been damaged but not completly ruptured The vet wants to try a more "conservative" treatment to start with e.g. "strict rest" and metacam and a joint suppliment, she's only allowed out to go to the loo she loves the snow, I'll miss building a snow dog with her, but resting her leg is more important, we and the vet are hoping that the strict rest will avoid an operation, luckily she's very lazy so I'll let her stay on my bed all day, I'll even take her dinner to her on the bed

She's back to the vets next week, I'm hoping and hoping that the vet will see an improvement

Re: Asia's been to the vets 15 Jan 2013 23:46 #7913

• XenaW
  • Calm before the storm
Awww, so glad you've got your Asia back home Bet she's relishing the bed rest and I'm guessing she'll be spoilt rotten whilst recuperating

A log fire eh, sounds lovely, she obviously has very good taste, I thought koko was the only Akita who loved heat, I expected her to be searching for a cool spot

It''s good that they've found the hip dysplasia in early stages and that the cruciate ligament too isn't completely ruptured. Rest and repair, it sounds as if she will get the best possible treatment at home so hopefully that will see lots of improvement.

A long wait to get her back home but at least you're even more tech-savvy now and the house is probably spotless

Best wishes to you both and enjoy the extra cuddles

Re: Asia's been to the vets 16 Jan 2013 11:44 #7914

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi Flower

only just logged on since before Christmas

So Sorry JD's lady is having trouble pleased she's home and sending special Licks and slobbers from her main man xxxxxx

I have been on holiday since the 5th and before Christmas I had my london trip. It's been so manic this year Ive had my daughters 21st too but no excuse will drop you an email

love and hugs Dawn xxxxxx

Re: Asia's been to the vets 16 Jan 2013 15:38 #7920

Good to hear from you Dawn, I've emailed you

Yep, she's being spoilt rotten and odley enough she does love the heat, in the summer she searches out the sunny spots I'm a little bit more tec savvy, after being unable to concentrate properly and making a good few mess ups I had to learn how to system restore in vista but you're right my house is now squeeky clean....for a few days at least

Yes Denise she really is lapping up the attention, but is is hard to keep her from following me around, she didn't stay on the bed and follwed me downstairs so she can't go up again till tonight, if she's awake and I creep off to the kitchen she wants to follows me and I have to tell her to stay, she looks very upset that she can't be my shadow
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2013 18:03 by bensonsmum.

Re: Asia's been to the vets 16 Jan 2013 17:12 #7922

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Good to hear she is back home safe and sound, well nearly sound !!!
Fingers crossed that the rest will do the trick and she does'nt need the op. I am sure that Asia will lap up all the attention and bed rest on your bed will make her even better lol
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter