Welcome, Guest

Asia was due for her op
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Asia was due for her op

Asia was due for her op 31 Jan 2013 12:55 #8077

After this Monday's vet visit and Asia showing no improvments, we were about to make the desision for her to have the operation to put a band around her damaged tendon, but the very next day she suddenly started to show a big improvemnet! she's putting light weight on the poorley leg and actually lightly walking on all fours! she still has a lilt to one side as she walks, but she's showing no sighns of pain, she's standing on all fours to eat her dinner as well! she's still "skipping" but not holding the leg up at all times. So this morning we decided to give her a few more days of complete rest then take her back to the vets for the vet (Monday) to see if she's made enough improvment to avoid the op. The problem now is to keep her from walking too fast when she moves around the house (which isn't often) she just wants to run! but she's a good girl and stops as soon as I boom my voice out at her
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia was due for her op 31 Jan 2013 13:36 #8078

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
That is good news, fingers crossed Asia can act a little more sedately , and avoid that op!
You will be hoarse by Monday!

Re: Asia was due for her op 31 Jan 2013 15:44 #8079

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I hope that Asia is improved enough to avoid the op and continues on her steady progress, sedatley, but i am sure she will have zoomies every now and then lol

Re: Asia was due for her op 01 Feb 2013 13:32 #8083

Along with being hoarse I'll also be getting lot's of disgusted looks from madam

She's still lame but she has attempted 2 zoomies I have to watch her all the time and keep her laying down, she loves the open fire and snoozes for ages in front of it, so I think I'll get the fire going this afternoon

Fingers crossed that all she needs is a few more weeks complete rest to get back to old self I'll let you know how her next vet appointment goes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter