Welcome, Guest

Nice to be back
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Nice to be back

Re: Nice to be back 05 Feb 2013 22:37 #8113

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
I think it was more of an oops, I forgot about you! Much as I love him, I have to accept that he decided that my husband was the leader of our pack.

Good news though. He had a check up at the vet's today and to my surprise they had the results of the tests on the tumour. Again, the report was that it was a benign tumour. We are just keeping our fingers crossed that they got it all out. Clemmie, our wonderful vet, took out as much as she dared and was sure that she had also taken a margin of OK gum too.

He has one huge, black crater in his mouth. It seems strange to see him missing the middle two of his lower front teeth.

Thankfully, despite all of this, one of his biggest treats in life is to go to the vet. They love him and have christened him Teddy Bear.

Today we took another step in his recovery as he decided he was the guard dog of the day. I was told when the phone or the door bell rang. Okay, perhaps senility is starting and I am going deaf, but I am sure I heard them.

Sue & Thorn

Re: Nice to be back 06 Feb 2013 11:07 #8115

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Morning flower

so sorry to hear you have been ill. Its so hard to cope with this and keep upbeat for your furbaby.

I so remember the winging after JD's countless opps ( poor Denise has had first hand as I rang her in tears LOL ) I hope I will remember if JD needs another opp but hoping he wont

It sounds awful what the little mite has been through on top of you being away in hospital as well

Good look with yours and Thorn's recovery love and hugs Dawn and JD xxxxx

Re: Nice to be back 06 Feb 2013 11:15 #8118

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Morning Dawn. Lovely to hear from you. I can understand the tears, there have been more than a fair share of them here, especially as I have been too weak to do anything for Thorn.

The doctors have still said that I am not strong enough to walk him and if I try I could undo all their good, very expensive work to put me rightish. However, it does mean that Thorn and I have lots of time together and I can keep him amused. He was getting very down because he could not chew, it made the tumour bleed which was hell on the furniture and flooring.

I has really cheered me up and given me a little more energy, in the healing stakes, that he is recovering and I am so looking forward to walking him again.

I smiled at the little........ when is an Akita little?

Thanks for your good wishes but I think my poor husband really needs them as he has been a rock for both of us. He worried enough about our baby but I terrified him.

You take care too as JD needs you. Is he well? or at least as well as can be expected?

Sue and Thorn.
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2013 11:16 by Suky.

Re: Nice to be back 06 Feb 2013 11:45 #8121

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
As you say as well as to be expected

lots of small things but I can cope with those

We do give our hubby's a lot to worry about but it does them good to worry about us LOL xxxxxxx

Enjoy the rest with Thom as soon as you are better he will be back to the normal Alof Akita mode hehehe

take care and rest as you don't need to return to the hospital. I don't take my own advise LOL I had to have my surgery three times because I didnt rest enough. After the last one I got meningitis and had to rest they say things happen for a reason. It was someone's way of making me slow down It worked and Ive been pain free for over 4 years fingers crossed it will be for longer

take care sunshine hugs to you both xxxxxxx

Re: Nice to be back 06 Feb 2013 21:51 #8132

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Dawn, I think I can go one better than you! Not that it is a game of one upmanship. I got home for two weeks, could not do a thing as I was so weak. I was supposed to have been fixed but I collapsed, died for a few minutes and was rushed back to hospital.

Nice men in green came and collected me!

hugs to you and JD
xxxx

Re: Nice to be back 06 Feb 2013 23:08 #8137

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Yep you win LOL I didn't get little green men either that's so not fair hehehe but It was Christmas eve and I misses father Christmas is that counted ( nope I don't think that beats yours )

So pleased they fixed you take it easy love and hugs Dawn xxxxxx
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter