Welcome, Guest

Nice to be back
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Nice to be back

Re: Nice to be back 18 Apr 2013 20:07 #8645

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Just an update. Thorn is having his operation on Tuesday. He was pretty good with the biopsy and the last op but this one is a lot more extensive and I am guessing that he will be on serious pain killers for quite a bit and then it will be recovery time. He and I can do our convalescence together.

Thanks for the good wishes. I am pleased to say that for the last two weeks I have been feeling a lot better and hopefully I will soon be in my new normal.

Sue

Re: Nice to be back 19 Apr 2013 14:12 #8648

I'm so glad to hear your doing better and looking forward to your "new normal"

I'll be thinking of you and the handsome Thorn on Tuesday, will it be a long op? Asia's leg op was quite long and she was dopey for a day or two as the anesthetic wore off I'm sure Thorn will be fine and I'm sure he'll soon get used to the effects of having his jaw shortened and his teeth removed

Give Thorn and yourself a big sloppy slurpy one from Asia X
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Nice to be back 19 Apr 2013 15:18 #8649

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Hope all goes well on Tues for Thorn, will be sending healing thoughts to you both.

It is great to hear you are much better and are coping well, wishing you a good recovery and free from pain.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Nice to be back 22 Apr 2013 21:39 #8655

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Tomorrow, Tuesday is the day. I will let you all know how he gets on when we get him back tomorrow evening.

Thanks for all your good wishes,
Sue

Re: Nice to be back 23 Apr 2013 07:49 #8656

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Good luck sunshine sending special positive hugs from me and JD (((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))

all will be good xxxxxxxxx

Re: Nice to be back 23 Apr 2013 22:03 #8660

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Late evening and he is sleeping at last. I cannot see how much they have done to his mouth but the vet says they took as much as they originally said. It is very swollen at the moment and he is drooling saliva and blood all over the pale carpets! They will clean.

He was very wobbly when we picked him up and for once could not be bothered to even look at the 2 other dogs in the waiting room.

He had a chicken patterned yellow bandage over where the catheter came out, which we have now taken off. Sadly his tail has a large shaved patch, all around the tail. Who knew that their tails were that skinny? It does look strange and funny. It has another bandage around it and this is keeping an implant which should just be starting to put some pain relief into his symptom.

He is very lethargic and does not want to eat or drink. I can cope with the non eating but the not drinking is a bit worrying because of dehydration.

We are back tomorrow afternoon for a post op check up and another at the end of the week when they are going to start antibiotics and antiflammatory tablets.

Thankfully, the bill was considerably less than we were expecting which was a major relief. As we waited to see the vet this evening when collecting Thorn another owner was collecting her cat after a procedure. She grumbled at a £49.50 bill. My husband & I looked at each other and mouthed to each other that we would swap. If only........

The vet assures us that he will chew his chews, but not bones again and he will be able to carry his tuggers but cannot play tug of war. Phew, I am so pleased with that. He got very depressed when we first found the growth and it was bleeding and these joys were denied him.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes and thoughts. It helped during today.

Sue
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter