Welcome, Guest

Nice to be back
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Nice to be back

Re: Nice to be back 29 Apr 2013 09:08 #8688

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Thorn is being checked weekly at the moment as the mass started growing about 10 days after the first operation to excise it. Our vets are being absolutely marvellous which helps. One or two of the staff there would like to adopt Thorn.

I am hoping this is the last we see of it. If it is not I am not sure where we go from here. All I know is that it is not fair to Thorn to keep chopping bits of his jaw off. This episode made him a bit depressed until he worked out there was other ways of using his mouth but if he lost more it could be a very different story.

We are taking things a day at a time. Only way we can survive as it had a strong adverse affect on us too.

My computer is playing up but when it stops I will attempt to post a photo of the 'new' tail.

Sue

Re: Nice to be back 04 May 2013 22:04 #8709

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Hi everyone. Good news yesterday. The vet has discharged Thorn. His mouth is healing well, you can hardly see that his jaw has been shortened and he can chew rawhide. His mouth is always going to be a bit delicate now, but I am so pleased, as is the vet, with his progress.

We just have to keep a careful eye on him for a few more weeks to make sure he does not over do things and then check his mouth from time to time to make sure there is no recurrance of the growth. The vet is confident that enough of the jaw was removed to prevent this but it is just a precaution.

I cannot believe that he is already off all medication. It was a great birthday gift.

Sue

Re: Nice to be back 04 May 2013 22:52 #8711

That's fantastic news Will Thorn drawl more than usual now ? It's great that he can still enjoy his goodies

Is it your birthday?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Nice to be back 05 May 2013 12:18 #8712

• Joomla
  • Trustee
That is fantastic news, it is good to hear that he is as good as new and able to have his chews.
They do heal amazingly quickley you would'nt think they had had serious ops a matter of days ago most of the time.

Happy Birthday, hope you have had a good time with loads of pressies.

Re: Nice to be back 05 May 2013 22:22 #8718

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Thank your for the birthday wishes. It was actually a slightly late birthday gift as my birthday was late week.

Thorn does drool a bit more. It is not too bad as although we have carpets, they are scotch guarded. It just means that I am wiping it up frequently. What I find funny is that when he drools he also drools through his nose. I just keep lots of paper towel handy and mop him up.

He managed to get his giant tugger out of his toybox today but when he dropped it could not pick it up again. He tried and eventually gave up and seemed to shrug his shoulders and say never mind, Mum will pick it up!

So far he is not missing his bones but I have been spoiling him with roast chicken this week. I am being told that all this spoiling must stop soon as it will strain the budget.

Hope you are all enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend,

Sue

Re: Nice to be back 05 May 2013 22:42 #8720

Happy birthday for last week

Thorn is a proper trooper isn't he he's doing so well, they always find ways of doing the things they like to do don't they, I'm sure he'll find a way of picking his tugger up soon

I spoil Asia with cheese I think a little longer with the chicken spoiling of Thorn is in order isn't it
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter