Welcome, Guest

Asia's feeling better
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Asia's feeling better

Asia's feeling better 19 Feb 2013 23:03 #8229

It's been a week since Asia's op and after a few restless days she's feeling a lot happier, the redness and bruising has gone down and she's doing what the vet nurse calls "tipping" which is just touching the ground with her her toe her appetite is back and she's weeing and pooing okay now, she's much more relaxed and not rolled into a tight ball anymore, I'm still sleeping downstairs with her, the front room is now our bedsit She goes back to the vet on Saturday to hopefully have her stitches out. But because she's livened up so much she now has to be on a short lead to be taken out to do her jobbies but we're getting there
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia's feeling better 20 Feb 2013 09:39 #8230

Hi, I am very pleased she is feeling much better now, but unforunately I haven't been on the forum in a while, so what op did she have and why?

Glad she is doing well now
Brave girly Asia!
Jessica and Charlie Boy and Roman

Re: Asia's feeling better 20 Feb 2013 10:37 #8237

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
I'm so glad you have posted, was just thinking we hadn't heard anything, and hoping that all had gone well with the op. I should think you are so relieved to have that over with, the thought of them being anaesthetised is horrible. Well, Asia seems to be bouncing back, although not literally, just yet, I would think! Although, I don't think it will be long, knowing her!

Re: Asia's feeling better 20 Feb 2013 11:02 #8239

Well, I agree with you Muad, I am so pleased that Asia is doing very well now!

She is definitely a strong fighter!

Jessica, Charlie Boy and Roman

Re: Asia's feeling better 21 Feb 2013 15:51 #8248

Yes, it is a relief to have the op over with, that anesthetic is a worry I took her favorite teddy and blanket in with her and the vet nurse said she cuddled up to her ted, well actually it's dog, but a teddy type dog Right now I'm massaging her bad leg and she loves that. She is getting bored so yesterday we spent the morning in the garden with Asia laying on some blankets so's I could keep an eye on her while I did some weeding, it was good for her to get some fresh air

Hello Jessica good to see you back Asia had to have her snapped cruciate tendon fixed, it's a slow process getting her back to full health, usually about 12 weeks, but I think, hopefully Asia will be a bit quicker `cos she needs a lot of rest and she's a very lazy madam so it's not too hard to get her to have a little kip

Re: Asia's feeling better 21 Feb 2013 19:25 #8250

• Joomla
  • Trustee
It is good to hear that Asia is doing well and getting over her op, fingers crossed she will be able to spend more time outside soon.
How are you doing??
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter