Welcome, Guest

So very worried
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: So very worried

So very worried 09 Mar 2013 08:37 #8326

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi Everyone

JD is not well at all I'm so very worried about him and beside myself.

He was sick Twice on Thursday and I wasn't worried just rested his tummy and watched him

He was very lethargic all day and wouldn't take his meds but I was still not too worried.

The next morning he was a little brighter so i asked him if he wanted to go out, he showed a little interest so I took him round the block he was a little slow but seem to enjoy it. When we returned he was sick again. Since this he's refused everything I have tried him with and I'm not to sure he's drinking.I don't want to stress him by taking him to the vet as he is getting stressed when I take him now.I have given him gaviston as he's burping acid and I thought it would help. On the plus side he's sleeping. I've spoken to the vets they said just watch him ( as if i wouldn't LOL ) I spoke to his breeder but He only made me think of the worst case ( this I don't want to hear ) I do know he's an old man and every day is a bonus but I'm not ready to let him go.

Sorry to be so negative I'm very low today I hoped he would show some improvement this morning I'm not sure what to do next.

any advise would be fantastic

ever hopeful Dawn x

Re: So very worried 09 Mar 2013 13:11 #8327

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Is he drinking water ok?? and keeping it down?? I know Shiro will go 3 days without eating when he has a dodgy tum.
Perhaps offering some fish, light food will help settle his tum down. You could also put some glucose in his drinking water this will give him some energy or get some probiotics, these are very good www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Probiotics-for-dogs/products/116/

If you are still not happy with JD by monday then a trip to the vets might be best.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: malibu2027

Re: So very worried 09 Mar 2013 23:48 #8339

Hang in there Dawn, JD is full of surprises and he's not ready to leave yet, he's till just a youngster at heart
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: So very worried 10 Mar 2013 13:16 #8341

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Dawn, I am so sorry to hear JD is unwell,I know how very worried you must be as we love our furballs to bits I will be thinking of you and JD and hoping that everything is ok (I am sure it will be),all the best Bill & Zak.

Re: So very worried 10 Mar 2013 17:05 #8346

Try not to think the worst, although it is very hard and every dog owner does think the worst even though you don't want to. JD is a very strong fighter and not ready to leave us just yet!

All my thoughts and hopes are with you, got all hands, fingers, toes, paws, fur, tails and everything else crossed for you and your beautiful boy, JD! Hang in there guys, its not over yet!!

Jess, Charlie Boy and Roman! xxxxx

Re: So very worried 12 Mar 2013 11:55 #8376

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
[attachment:1]2013-03-12 08.28.14.jpg[/attachment]

Jd this morning 100% improvement yes I panicked but he really did go down hill so much with all your love and help he's picking up

[attachment:2]2013-03-07 14.22.41.jpg[/attachment]

This was Thursday

so very low

but he's getting back slowly Had so much support from Denise and Pauline I want to Thank you both so very much xxxxxx
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter