Welcome, Guest

Asia might need another leg op
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Asia might need another leg op

Asia might need another leg op 26 Apr 2013 22:51 #8668

Asai went to the vets for another check up on her poorly leg and the vet was dissapointed at the way she still dangles her leg after getting up from resting she was pleased athe way her leg is healing but thinks that maybe the sort of plasticy bracket tape thingy that was wrapped around her snapped tendon to keep it together has moved inside her leg and is irritating her, she said it would feel a bit like a chipped tooth rubbing on the inside of the mouth If it doesn't improve by Monday Asia will have to have a little op to remove the bracket thingy, it won't be an overnight stay and it won't need rehabilitation, but she'll still need to be put under she's back on the metacam and she has improved but she's still quite lame poor girl. Please keep all your fingers crossed that she improves and doesn't need another op
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia might need another leg op 27 Apr 2013 11:56 #8670

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Poor Asia. Not so much fun for her Mum either as those vet's bills pile up. I really hope they are able to sort it out and she does not need another operation.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sue
xxx

Re: Asia might need another leg op 27 Apr 2013 14:27 #8673

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Oh no, poor Asia, sending her healing thoughts and that she will not need another op. At least if she did need it doing, it should be a very short op, cold comfort, iknow.

Re: Asia might need another leg op 28 Apr 2013 18:11 #8682

• Joanne
  • Proud and Loud
Really hope Asia does not need another op...fingers crossed she will be ok xx

Re: Asia might need another leg op 28 Apr 2013 22:26 #8684

Thank you for your good thoughts and crossed fingers Asia seems a lot happier in herself, we had to stop her from going into full zoomy mode! I hate having to stop her from having fun but it's for her own good bless her anyway we're hoping that her perkyness means she's on the mend, but I think it's just the metacam working hopefully the vet will have something positive to tell us tomorrow But as you said Sue...the bills are piling up! over £1000-00 so far we've got no idea how much the insurance will pay out, there's always so many hidden bits and bobs and clauses isn't there

Re: Asia might need another leg op 30 Apr 2013 14:05 #8695

Asia had her vet check on yesterday and it's good news The vet said she could see a lot of improvement and we'll keep her on the metacam for two more weeks then it's back for another visit, hopefully the slight limp have stopped and there willbe no more leg dangling going on

It's great to see her happy again, she walks faster and she doesn't keep sitting down on her walks, although she has always had to plonk herself down at the same spots on every walk such a creature of habit apart from being the local pub dog people call her the "sitting down dog!" She's my very, very special girl so fingers crossed she continues to improve
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter