Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Castration

Castration 02 Jun 2013 06:31 #8893

• philsniko
  • Bear Puppy
To castrate or not to castrate, any advice please?

thanks.

Re: Castration 02 Jun 2013 23:18 #8898

I think castration is always reccomended and the ealier the better before "learned behaviour" kicks in I didn't have my old Benny done but I wish I had it done in his early days because at about the age of 18 months he became quite dog aggressive after being jumped on by different dogs at training club, the vet thought that the snip wouldn't help because it was more to do with learned behavior. But I did have my little collie GSD cross snipped and it stopped a lot of unwanted boy dog stuff
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Castration 03 Jun 2013 18:56 #8903

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Snip snip chop chop

I think its best to wait until they are around 18 months old. It just gives their bodies chance to develop and mature. It is everyones individual choice.

Your vet should be able to recommend the best time for neutering based on his knowledge of your dog.

I had my little staffie Marvin neutered at 7 months old, he wasnt going to be using his little pals so no need to keep them A little young perhaps, but it hasnt done him any harm.

There is a bit of a saying in the dog world...Balls are for throwing and catching
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter