Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Diarroria

Diarroria 05 Oct 2011 20:23 #896

• kevinelsmore
  • Calm before the storm
Advice/Help.
Hope someone can help me, Yuki gets Diarroria every 3 or 4 weeks, like water, we have taken her to the vets the last time and was given anti biotics which cleared it up,she also had blood tests which showed no abnormalities now a few weeks later its back, we feed her James Wellbeloved since a she was a puppy with a scambled egg in the morning a nd tinned meat in the evening, at the moment she is off her food, i know that we should starve her for 24 hours, but is this common in Akitas or not, should we change food!

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Thanks All

Re: Diarroria 05 Oct 2011 20:56 #897

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I do find that Akitas have dicky tums/bowels.
Sometimes it can be the feed, i have changed foods several times till i have found the right one for that particular dog.
You can get pro biotics, which has really help get rid of this problem
www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Protexin-Pro-Kolin-for-Dogs-Cats/productinfo/PROTEXPK/
My vet has recommends and sells Imodium capsuls, which also is very good.
I think alot of this is colitis and it is trial and error as to what sets it off.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinelsmore

Re: Diarroria 05 Oct 2011 21:05 #898

• kevinelsmore
  • Calm before the storm
Thanks Denise I will try a different food, which one do you use

Re: Diarroria 05 Oct 2011 22:58 #900

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi
We are having the same problems with Kiri. The same as Yuki, about once a month. Been to the vets a few times and got antibiotics and injections. Fine for a few weeks then back again. We have found that through trial and error the least deviation away from her usual food will set her off. She now only has boiled rice with chicken and half of her usual Burns , and a tablespoon of plain yoghurt. Fingers crossed this seems to be working for now. It's a boring menu for her, she doesn't even get treats of any description, as this sets her off again but she seems much better now.
I hope you can get Yuki sorted out, it's a real chore trying to eliminate certain foods but I'm sure you will get there in the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinelsmore

Re: Diarroria 06 Oct 2011 05:55 #901

• venus
  • Trustee
athena as always had a very sensitive tummy, if she ate anything she shouldn't then she would be alittle loose. i switched her on to a totally raw diet 3 weeks ago and i can't believe the difference in her. not only are all her poops solid but also don't smell half as bad as they use to and are much smaller. so it may well be worth looking into a raw diet.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Diarroria 06 Oct 2011 06:13 #902

• kevinelsmore
  • Calm before the storm
Thanks everyone for the good advice,

I think we do need to change Yukis diet, a big decision, raw! or rice and chicken etc, what would consist of a raw diet!

I think it is just finding the right one.

Kevin
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter