Welcome, Guest

Asia needs more xrays
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Asia needs more xrays

Asia needs more xrays 09 Jul 2013 21:49 #9037

On Thursday poor old Aishy Waishy is going back to the vets for more xrays and maybe another small op It depends on what the xrays show up, if it's the little bit of plastic from her last op that's come loose the vet will remove it while she's under the anasthetic for the xrays, but they're also checking to see if the arthritis has worsened if it has then she'll have to stay on some kind of medication

We thought she wa getting better but she seems to have stayed at the stage of still hopping when she's not on the pain killers, she still sits a lot during her walks and she still puppy" sits I hope it's not arthritis

Please keep your fingers crossed for my sweet little lady.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia needs more xrays 09 Jul 2013 23:02 #9039

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Crossing everything for Asia. So sorry about this Pauline, I really thought it was all behind her, and she was doing very well. Good luck at the vet.

Re: Asia needs more xrays 12 Jul 2013 23:12 #9048

Well, she had the xrays yesterday morning and it turned out to be the plastic thing from the original op had come loose from her repaired tendon and was being very irritating inside her leg, rubbing and stuff, it must ahve been very uncomfortable for her anyway the removed the plastic thing while she was under the anesthetic, they cut a sort of flap and she now has another half shaved leg with 10 flipping stiches that are still leaking blood She was very sad yesterday but has perked up today, she's already walking better, but still leaking blood, it has eased up a bit though The good news is that she only has mild arthritis

But I'm thinking of changing vets, I'm not happy with the lack of personal contact, the vet never "delivers" asia to us when we pick her up and it's always the nurse who gives us all the details from a printed out form Also I think this "irritating" plastic thing should never have happened if the original op had been carried out correctly, but maybe I'm just annoyed that my poor Asia has had to go through all this for the last few months Asia has to go back to the vets and is on antibiotics, but I think she'll be more comfortable now

Re: Asia needs more xrays 13 Jul 2013 15:11 #9049

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Well, hopefully all sorted now, but Yes, questionable as to if it should have happened in the first place. I think I would be irritated with your experience too. We changed our vet about a year ago after 8 years, we were unhappy bout their lack of personal contact. We 'tried' one out and got him to do kennel couch immunity, just to see how he was with Kiri and Obi. He's told us more in 5 minutes than our old vet had in all those years!
It sounds a s though Asia has been very patient throughout all of this, and been a good girl.

Re: Asia needs more xrays 13 Jul 2013 22:43 #9050

Your new vet sounds like the vet we had for years in London, he was great, he explained everything he was doing, going to do and everything about the medication, he also let me stay with Asia when he did her allergy skin scapings, she had to be put out and my vet let me be by her side all the time He always phoned me after he'd done any work on my old Benny, he knew Benny and my other dog so well that when we had to do the final visit I knew my vet cared but this vet is just so "buisiness" like, it's as if it's just another job I want to ask questions and know the person who just did surgery on my best friend! As You say, Asia has been so patient and such a good girl bless her, I think she deserves more of a personal service. problem is I don't drive and the nearest vet is a 10/15 min drive away so it will all be down to Brian, but if its a better vet for Asia that's all that matters

But, an update on my sweet girl she's much happier today, the wound is healing and not os leaky and she's walking better than she has for months, problem is that she can't go for a paddle to cool down in this hot weather she loves a little paddle

Re: Asia needs more xrays 22 Jul 2013 12:25 #9074

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Bless the poor thing JD is sending sloppy kisses to his girlfriend xxx

hope you manage to sort out the vets I understand the need for total confidence in our vets as we are trusting the most important thing in our lives

take care sunshine love and hugs Dawn xxxx sloppy licks from JD xxxxxx
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter