Welcome, Guest

Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH

Re: Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH 12 Sep 2013 16:17 #9222

You wouldn't know he's blind in that picture, he's a very, very special boy, how is he today? you said in your email that he's not doing so good
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH 12 Sep 2013 17:50 #9223

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
hi sunshine

He's a little brighter but not his usual self

I do worry about him especially when i have a holiday looming ahead of me

he's off his food a little but I'm hoping its the change in the weather

xxxxxx

Re: Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH 13 Sep 2013 23:47 #9224

Asia's a bit up and down too, so maybe it is the sudden change in weather, I think when they get to their more "mature" age they get a bit put out when any kind of changes occur well I know my fusspot of lady does she's started to sneek upstairs to bed earlier and keeps trying to get me to follow her into the garden by enticing me with all kinds of different teddies if I don't follow her when she's carrying "pinky" she goes and gets "big polar bear" then its "baby dog" which I usually fall for and go and sit with her for a while but when the weather is sunny and warm she just goes out and plonks herself in the sun and that's it for the day! so let's hope JD is the same and he just isn't keen on the weather changes

Please keep me updated on how he and you are doing Dawn
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH 14 Sep 2013 19:48 #9226

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Its so sad to see so many beautiful dogs with these awful diseases

My first Akita Kita also suffered from AI. Hers was Pemphigus, that started with a pigmentation change in the nose, then started to scab, but not until steroid treatment had started. The sores and scabs then started appearing on various other parts of her body. It wasnt the AI that took my precious girl, but the medication

Well done to all of you who are coping with these vile illnesses, you are all marvellous!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
The following user(s) said Thank You: malibu2027

Re: Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH 15 Sep 2013 10:36 #9228

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
oops posted twice
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2013 14:54 by Hattiesmum.

Re: Uveodermatalogic Disease or VKH 15 Sep 2013 10:36 #9229

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
I believe the medication can be as dangerous if not more so that the condition in a lot of cases. My own girl was fine until we used a flea and tick treatment on her and the SA appeared after that. Of course everyone (vets esp.) say that it would not cause the condition but I am not convinced.

The treatment for her SA was Atopica which made her sick, hated her food and very unhappy. I got told off by a vet for stopping the treatment. I was advised to give her anti sickness pills first then the Atopica. " two drugs! One to cover the effects of the other. I was not happy at all with that so with the help of a brilliant forum for Akitas with SA and a good groomer and lots of attention to detail - plus some sympathy from the head vet at the practice we seem to have a very short coated but stable fur coat without the drugs. Long may it last.

She also had another condition and the drugs for that cause dry eye. I read the leaflet and stopped them but only just in time - she has had to endure two eye tests since but we have got away with it, I hope.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter