Excessive moulting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Excessive moulting

Re: Excessive moulting 09 Dec 2013 09:39 #9317

• KP52
  • Bear Puppy

Attachment untitled.bmp not found

I agree our Kita moults all the time but this year it seemed excessive! After much raking and "plucking" he is now looking more like himself and less like the rescue case he was originally. Just a few small stray tufts now...until the next time

Re: Excessive moulting 09 Dec 2013 12:02 #9318

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Then I did no mention the lumps and tufts that they hate being groomed! Phew, perhaps a Jack Russell next time? Nah, only joking. I really love my bear boy and nothing is too inconvenient or hard work. He is such a joy. In fact he was a Christmas gift as we adopted him on 13th December 2010. Seems only 5 mins ago.
Last Edit: 09 Dec 2013 14:46 by Suky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KP52

Re: Excessive moulting 09 Dec 2013 13:29 #9320

• KP52
  • Bear Puppy
yes, same here!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Excessive moulting 09 Dec 2013 17:54 #9323

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Tia is blowing her coat right now!! Its everywhere, it looks like a scene from the wild west in my living room, and my kitchen, and the hall, and the garden. Even upstairs and she doesnt go up there Tumbleweed Akita fur everywhere

I use the rake and a small slicker brush, the rake gets rid of that soft undercoat easily and without pulling her top coat. The slicker just smooths it out, I use that around her tufty ears. Because her fluff is longer, it matts if im not careful
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Excessive moulting 12 Dec 2013 12:58 #9326

Asia has got a very fluffy tummy and the furminator takes most of it out but when it gets thinner I tend to scratch it or pluck it out Asia thinks she's just getting a tummy scratch and "allows" me to do it for her
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter