JD very poorly
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: JD very poorly

Re: JD very poorly 07 Jan 2014 16:28 #9376

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi everyone

got JD's results and they are inconclusive

This could be a good thing as it means his liver and kidneys are as they would expect with the meds hes on.

his sodium levels aren't right and his steroid levels are not normal ( I said with the steroids hes on is this the reason ) they think hes got addisons disease and have given him some medication to see if he improves they said we will see and improvement in 48 hours. also his thirod seems as if its under active Bless him. his new tablets are 10 a day ( how the hell am i going to get him to take these on top of the cocktail of meds he takes now ) will have to see hes back at the vets on Thursday to see if there is an improvement in his bloods then will discuss his treatment. It seems a little more positive than i thought but will keep you all posted

thank you again love and hugs Dawn and sloppy licks from JD xxxxx

Re: JD very poorly 07 Jan 2014 17:44 #9377

I found this website Dawn www.addisondogs.com/addisons/ it says that once addisons has been diognosed a dog can live a normal life so lets hope that along with sweet JD's other problems he'll cope okay How many more ailments is poor old JD going to get bless him, he really knows how to keep you on your toes doesn't he On the positive side and as you say, at least it shows that his kidneys and other organs are okay Pleas keep us updated on how things go
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: malibu2027

Re: JD very poorly 08 Jan 2014 12:42 #9378

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Awwww poor JD.

He will be rattling when he walks, thats a lot of pills

Im glad his kidneys are ok, they are always a worry when they start to get older. He's a strong boy and he will come through this.

Big hugs a kisses for the super duper JD
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: JD very poorly 08 Jan 2014 23:02 #9379

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Dawn, I am so sorry that JD is not well again. The worry, let alone the cost, must be sending you dotty. The bright side is the JD always pulls a miracle out of the bag and there is no reason why he can't again.

Although I am a long way away from you, if there is anything I can do to help, just ask. Please give a JD a big hug from me.

Lots of hugs,

Sue
xxx
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2014 23:03 by Suky.

Re: JD very poorly 11 Jan 2014 11:02 #9382

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Hi everyone

hes done it again looking like hes pulled that miracle out of the bag again Sue ( fingers crossed)

on the down side hes going into a flare up but this is something I'm sure i can fix

hes back with his normal appetite and he is venturing up the stairs ( these are all good indications )

I'm just hoping its on the way up and not just a little improvement

will keep you all posted

just a few of the little soldier sorry if I've already posted them so stressed cant remember

take care everyone love and hugs Dawn licks and slobbers JD xxxxx
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2014 11:04 by malibu2027. Reason: allready posted the picture

Re: JD very poorly 11 Jan 2014 23:01 #9383

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Oh Dawn, I am so excited that JD is on the up. Shame about the flare up but you have weathered these before too. Eating and stairs. Wow, that is great. Willing him to get better day by day for you.

Great photos of a fantastic bear boy.

Hugs,

Sue
xxx
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter