Chewing Paws Incesantly!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chewing Paws Incesantly!

Chewing Paws Incesantly! 22 Jan 2014 08:46 #9400

• clara1
  • Bear Puppy
Hi to all

I have a lovely (but I would say that) one year old male Akita called Koji. Obviously he is the light of my life but he is driving me a little nuts as he is chewing all four paws all the time. This has been going one for several months. I have spent a fortune at the Vet, gone through every pill and ointment you can think of to no avail. Anyone encountered this before? Any ideas? He desn't seem to be in pain as such but his paws look red raw!

I am hoping you guys can help!

Re: Chewing Paws Incesantly! 22 Jan 2014 12:44 #9402

Hello and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about Koji' paw problem has the vet given you any ideas as to what the cause might be?

I had the same problem with a little cross breed I once had, he would nibble and nibble at all four paws, this went on for a few months and then I connected it to the carpet freshener that I used to sprinkle before I hoovered, I stopped using stuff on the carpet and within a few days he stopped nibbled his paws again and never did it again;) Do you use anything like carpet fresh or strong floor cleaner? some dogs can be quite sensitive to chemicles in those sort of things:) in the meantime try gently rubbing some 100% aloe vera gel (holland and barrets do a great one) on his feet, it's very soothing and chemicle free

Please let us know how you get on
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter