Welcome, Guest

Akira had to have 2 lumps removed
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Akira had to have 2 lumps removed

Akira had to have 2 lumps removed 21 Jun 2014 10:32 #9512

Hello everyone,

My name's Betty and I have an 8 year old Akita called Akira, she is a rescue dog and I have had her since just before Christmas and she is wonderful and I am very very pleased to have her with me.

I'm posting this because a few days ago I found a lump on Akira's tummy and since then we have been going to and from the vet's. she has had an operation and had 2 lumps removed and we are awaiting results - but Akira seems absolutely fine and dandy and happy in herself.

The lumps were just under 2 of her nipples and the vets think it likely that they were cancerous, so I am anxious to know the results and if they were cancerous that all of the affected area has been removed - the vets call this "having clear margins" I think. They told me that if they were cancerous, from the size of them they were caught very early which is a good sign in terms of removing all of it.

I should get the results soon, in the next few days, but I'm finding it very difficult waiting to hear - I was lucky because one of the receptionists at the vet's used to have an Akita and she told me that her Akita had a series of lumps, one after the other, they were all cancerous but the receptionist told me that they would just get them removed as soon as they found them, sounds like her Akita still enjoyed a really good quality of life. I'm wondering if anybody out there has had this with their Akita and any advice on how to manage the best for themselves and their dog?

I'm trying to keep focussed on how well Akira seems in herself. And to try to manage the anxiety round the possibility of cancer, try to keep a clear head about the best way forward. But I'm not finding it easy. Never mind I am lucky in how well Akira seems in herself, she doesn't seem in the slightest slowed down by having had an operation and 4 days after the op, is up for her usual walks and routine! and just as kind and funny as ever.

Thanks for reading this and if anyone has any ideas or advice I'd be extremely grateful.

Woofs and best wishes, Betty & Akira.

Re: Akira had to have 2 lumps removed 27 Jun 2014 23:17 #9522

Thinking of you Betty, hope everything turns out okay X
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Akira had to have 2 lumps removed 06 Jul 2014 19:11 #9535

• Teresa
  • Administrator
I hope the results are ok and show that their is nothing to worry about.

Good luck Akira
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter