Welcome, Guest

Our adored big baby girl Ki was taken from us with
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Our adored big baby girl Ki was taken from us with

Our adored big baby girl Ki was taken from us with 16 Apr 2016 00:01 #10098

Our adored big baby girl Ki was taken from us within a few horrific hours through bloat.
My daughter Rowan fell in love with her after she came across her online through the SSPCA site. She had been in kennels for 2 months. We visited and she was a baby elephant, trundling through with her beautiful smile.
She was then 8.5 years, sightly aloof at first but was soon full of fun and the bounciest dafty who became the centre of our family.
Always the optimist, we would have 4 to 5 years to enjoy looking after our girl. When she was diagnosed with diabetes, I was upset but knew she was a fighter, she loved her life, home and us.
My brother died at age 55 last November through childhood diabetes but had lived through sheer willpower much longer than expected.
My mother who is 78 and as fit as a fiddle, cried almost as much for Ki as she did for her son, she loved Ki.
We could never replace her, but we have a good, loving home for another dafty girl, although I don't think we, especially my daughter, could go through losing another within 2 years again
I work from home, making handmade Harris tweed and leather handbags and my husband is an Open University lecturer who spends most of his time working from home.
We live just outside Glasgow, within a detached house that has a fully securely, enclosed garden.
We would be happy to foster/adopt a younger female. We have had our home check from Akita Rescue.
We would be happy to reimburse the petrol costs to transport to the English/Scottish border to collect a (5 years or below, female akita) whom we would do our best to become a part of our family.
Thank you.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter