Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello All

Hello All 16 Apr 2016 17:12 #10099

• PerthPixi
  • Bear Puppy
Hello Everybody! Just wanting to introduce myself & our BoBo Bear we think he's around 4 yrs old he has the sweetest timid nature, very well trained (when we got him) he just sits n does what he's told very biddable indeed, slowly he's coming round with a wee personality, putting his face up for kisses or cuddles, one fussy eater, as I'm reading this is the norm for Akita's lol , he's never (prior to us) have chews or toys, just looks at them then walks away, slowly he is getting to enjoy a chew / treat & to chase the ball, we have had very few issues with the boy which turned out to be a thyroid problem and is slowly showing signs of improvement, you can't help but love him, he's actually my brothers dog but our mum always told us to share lol!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hello All 26 Apr 2016 18:50 #10108

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Hello and welcome to you and Bobo Bear

He looks a lovely boy and thank you for rescuing him. They can be quite fussy eaters but they wont allow themselves to starve so as long as he has a decent quality food to eat he will be fine.

Hopefully as he learns that he is allowed to behave like a dog should he will soon start playing with his toys and enjoying his treats.
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Hello All 16 May 2016 16:36 #10118

What a handsome boy! he sounds like a typical akita, once they make their mind up about something it's hard to persuade them otherwise but it's good to hear he's chasing his ball not many akita's bring he ball back though they have their own set of rules

My Asia was a very fussy eater when we got her,to cut a long story short, it was ll down to allergies and once we got that sorted (I now cook everything for her) she was right as ninepence! I'm not saying your Bobo Bear has allergies, just that eventually stop his over fussyness maybe try some different treats, my Asia loves a large frozen carrot! and she'll do anything for a slither of cheese As Teressa says, akita's can be fussy eaters

Please let us know haw things go
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter