Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: quick intro....

quick intro.... 31 Oct 2011 18:49 #1638

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
hello,
i am new to this site and to akitas. hopefully my picture uploaded and i can show you my baby. we wasn't lookin for another dog but a lady had her and her mum and couldn't cope and that is the story of how we came to have her. she is very loving and loves the children and the cat, which surprised me. we've had her from 3 months old and i couldn't imagine life without her. i have never had an akita before but i am glad we have her. she can be quite stubborn but she's a good girl.. with more training she's gonna make an even more beautiful dog.. she actually reminds me of a bear when she stands on her hind legs..
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 31 Oct 2011 18:57 #1639

Hi

Welcome I'm new to this site but on other sites. You wont want another breed after an akita. They are known as bears you will hear it alot on any site. Stubborn aint the word sometimes. Work work work and you get there trust me and its then a pleasure. however they dont always come out of it but should be ok with having her from so early on. It's the rehomes wher they aint had time spent on them that they can be a bit way ward.

Re: quick intro.... 31 Oct 2011 20:07 #1640

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Hi Shell, hope you enjoy your time here.
What is your lovely girl called ??
They are very different to any other breed, but once bitten, so to speak, other breeds just will not do.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 31 Oct 2011 21:08 #1641

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
sorry denise,
she's called mika and she's just 7 months
The lady where she came from would burn the smelly sticks and she was a bit wiffy when first got her. we wanted to give her a name that fitted her. so we went to japanese names and mi meant beautiful an ka means smell., and so thats how she got her name, she smells much better now, unless she find some fox poop, an oh boy does she give her name a whole new meaning..xx

Re: quick intro.... 31 Oct 2011 21:13 #1642

Hi Shelley(that is your name isn't it?).....welcome to the forum.....your little girl bear sound so lovely ....yes stubborn is one of the traits of an Akita, but they are the most wonderful breed of dog you could ever have ...they are hard work, but oh so worth it.....hope to see more pics of Mika, plenty of pics please as we love pics of our bears......Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: quick intro.... 02 Nov 2011 19:06 #1676

• hitman44
  • Calm before the storm
hi shell and welcome once youve got the bug for akitas then you have it for like
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter