Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: quick intro....

Re: quick intro.... 03 Nov 2011 12:10 #1688

Hello and welcome to you and Mika, I love the way she came by her name

Yep, Stuborn is definatly the akita way, so when training they need to be kept on their toes or they`ll just lay down and start to question why you want them to do the same thing again! they think to themselfs "Why do I need to sit/stay again! I just did it 3 times!" and as for retrieve, well my Asia just looks at me as if to say "Why do you want me to "go get it!" I just brought it back to you and you threw it away again! so you go get it!" but if I do short spurts of treat induced training she`s great, she`s also good on walks because I turn her walks (not so much now, but in the early days) into training walks

Piccy's please
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 03 Nov 2011 21:33 #1705

That sounds just like Maya ...throw a ball & she'll go after in maybe twice, then she looks at you just like Asia as if to say, fetch it yourself & then she lays down. ....lazy lumps ...Mika will have more energy tho' at 7mths old .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: quick intro.... 06 Dec 2011 18:09 #2140

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
hi all,
thank you all for your warm comments and welcomes. sorry not replied earlier but i've been a bit busy, with mika, she got quite a bad infection but shes ok now and then she came into season and went totally off the wall.... ... i glad to say that is over with. hopefully get her spayed in feb/march.. fingers crossed she stays infection free, she was suppose to be done weeks ago but the infection wouldn't go.. cost an arm an leg for her antibiotics, so worth, she's back to her normally self now...

Re: quick intro.... 06 Dec 2011 18:13 #2141

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
this is mika, playing with my boys.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 06 Dec 2011 23:13 #2142

Oh what lovely pictures, Mikka looks like a proper treasure Glad she's feeling better
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2011 23:16 by bensonsmum.

Re: quick intro.... 07 Dec 2011 21:58 #2148

Great pics of Mika, Shell, her & the boys look well bonded & very happy with each other...lovely ....good to hear she's over her infection & yes it does cost a fortune on medication ....very expensive ...my Maya is going in for her ""OP"" begining of Jan, which I'm not looking forward to one bit ....but have put it off too many times now ..it's just the thought of her not knowing what's going on...hate it ...hope Mika stays ok until her ""OP"" day .....Pam Maya & Scoobie
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter