Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: quick intro....

Re: quick intro.... 12 Feb 2012 11:37 #3475

Hi welcome to the forum!
Glad you joined, your girl is beautiful, so cute!

Looking forward to plenty pictures and talking with you!

Jessica and the gang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shell_b

Re: quick intro.... 13 Feb 2012 15:09 #3522

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
hi all,
mika is abit sore today,
The vet has assured me that her wound is fine an that she's prob just feeling it today.
I thought her cut looks slighty red an swollen but he seems to think its fine.. she's back on thursday for another check so fingers crossed i am wrong.. poor little baby... its really hard keeping her calm, she just wants to play all the time and with her not being allowed on walks she's a little crazy..

Can i just ask others if its normal for this breed to moult so badly, over the past few days her furr is just coming out in clumps, its not leaving her bald, she just looks like someone has shaven her on a number 2 but just in patches here an there... the hair over the house is unreal, my hoover has never been used so much..

Re: quick intro.... 13 Feb 2012 23:42 #3537

Hi Shelley....poor Mika...keep an eye on the redness, if the redness spreads & it gets darker & hot to touch, then I would take her back...I'm going to put a pic of Maya's scar on her tummy(this was about the second or third day)...it will give you a guide for Mika's tummy.....as for the fur coming out...yes it is very normal to come out in clumps...it is what we call a "blow"....you can actually(if the dog allows it!!) to completely strip the coat off ...they look very thin after the fur has come out, but within two weeks their new coat is coming back...so don't worry it's an Akita trait....I know it's hard for them not being able to go our for their walks, but you can take them for small short walks.....it's hard trying to keep them calm ....hope Mika's ok & her wound heals ok ......Pam Maya & Scoobie

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 14 Feb 2012 09:19 #3543

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
Hi Pam, thanks for pics,
mika's looks to be the same redness as what maya's was, although mika's wound is 3 times the size, probably because of the bleeding.. she is desperate for a walk, she's not keen on using the back garden as her toilet... so thats been a struggle..

I spent 2 hours grooming mika last night and the furr that i got off her was unreal. i think she was fed up by the end of the session because she kept telling me off..

Thanks for all your help and advice.. i am such a worry wart, its nice to have people to be able to ease those concerns..

Shelley and Mika

Re: quick intro.... 14 Feb 2012 12:41 #3547

I can`t help with her poor old tummy wound but the moultng is normal, it`s very normal, my Asia looks half her size when she's completly cast! here's a few pics to give you abit of an idea, these pics are from early on in her cast, I get bags and bags of fur out of her
This is Asia after a few mins being combed.

This is her balding bum

I haven`t got a good pic of her perfect bum, but you can see its bigger in this pic

Re: quick intro.... 14 Feb 2012 16:10 #3553

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
That is exactly how mika is.. asia looks like a sweetie..
there is furr everywhere and it doesn't matter how many time i comb her i just keep getting loads off..
she is very good though an will tolerate me combing her for a while before she tells me to stop..
it amazes me that she can loose so much furr an not be bald, although i don't think house guests find it amazing when they leave with a new furr coat...
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter