Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: quick intro....

Re: quick intro.... 14 Feb 2012 18:00 #3557

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Wow Pauline that is a poncho waiting to be spun and knitted.
I like the does my bum look big on this sofa pose.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 15 Feb 2012 23:52 #3597

See Shelley you've nothing to worry about now....what with the two of the tweenie triplets posing for you ....Maya with her poorly scar & Asia with her shedded fur & lovely pics of her bum ...we are all worry farts when it comes to our Bears, so you're not alone ...yes Mika's scar will be bigger because they went in further in surgery...I had to take Maya for short walks as she will not poo in her own garden!! ...never has...she will do a wee, but that's it....weird ....keep brushing, you've got days of it yet .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: quick intro.... 16 Feb 2012 11:59 #3609

Pam I bet Maya got lots of sympathy and spoiling with her poorly tummy, it`s sad when they're not well isn`t it they just don`t know what's happening to them

That little pile of "poncho" fur is nothing compared to what I got from last years 6 month moult! it seemed to go on and on and on! but it stopped a couple of months ago and in no time she had a full coat back, but I've never seen her with such a thick and amazing coat! she looks twicw the size and her coat feels like soft angora! it's thicker and deeper than ever. I don`t know if it`s because of the extra long cast or the furmenator? it's the first time I've used it I'll get some pics of her looking like a big wooly bear
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 16 Feb 2012 21:19 #3620

That's exactly it!!...it's the dog not knowing what's happening to them, that makes me feel bad ...funny you saying about Asia with her coat...Maya's not long stopped shedding & her coat is so fluffy & she looks twice her size too ...thought she was never going to stop shedding!!....so when Mika stops, she will look all skinny, but soon her coat will plump up & she will look like a fluff ball ....they're so cute when they're all fluffy ....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: quick intro.... 23 Feb 2012 19:20 #3802

• shell_b
  • Bear Puppy
hi all..

thought i'd update you on mika's recovery.. everything was going great, mika was healing nicely, nearly time to have stitches out an then she had a reaction to the stitches.. She went to the vets to have her stitches out an the area had swollen (over night, quite badly) and they struggled to get them out.. my poor pup was muzzled while they got the last of the stitches out from the swollen area... ....not very happy she was muzzled, she was not showing any signs of aggression, she was crying... ... anyway, they finally get them out, 4 hours later need a trip back to the vets as it looks like the wound was opening and surprise, surprise it's oozing
mika took one look at the vet an ran off, the vet said because she had a reaction to the stitches its caused her skin to swell an heal from the inside out, .... bless her.. now she can't be walked at all, we have to bathe her wound with salt water and she is on anti biotics..
i feel so sorry for my baby... fingers crossed this is the start of the end...

as for moultingg... deary me is all i can say.. this is alot of furr thats coming off, i read that their first is always the worst, fingers crossed, i don't think my hoover can take anymore..

a pic of my sad puppy, we took her lamp shade off her a while an she slept for ages..
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: quick intro.... 23 Feb 2012 23:03 #3803

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Mika.....she has gone through it poor baby Bear ......funy thing was when Maya had her check up & stitches out all was fine & then she started to ooze a bit of blood & took her back to the vets....she like Mika had had a reaction to the stitches!!!(after they were out!!)....so she was given some steroid cream & all is ok now ....I was also lucky that I didn't have to put a lamp shade on her, as she was a very good girl & left her wound alone(I had one ready tho'!!)....hope with the antibiotics, Mika recovers quickly & can get back to normal & go for her walks ....as for the fur Shelley...I'm afraid you might have to get a few new hoovers .....but at least when the "blow" is over you don't get any more hairs & your house stays pretty well fur free ....lovely pic of her although she looks very sad .....let us know how Mika is doing & give her big hugs & xxx from us ......Pam Maya & Scoobie
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter