Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: New Girl!!!

New Girl!!! 21 Jan 2012 23:16 #2892

• gall4961
  • Bear Puppy
Hello,
I am new to this site and forums, so dont know where to start .......................I have 2 wonderful kids, a husband in the Army and my 2 best friends ever....... Koda bear(americn akita) and Maya(rokita)............Koda seems to be having issues of over protectiveness.....................please any help would be greatly appreciated xx
Karen, Koda bear and Maya xx

Re: New Girl!!! 22 Jan 2012 14:37 #2897

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice and tips here but could you give us a few more details of the situation how old are Koda and Maya? and how is Koda showing his protectivness? is he being aggressive? what sort of rutine do you have for them? walks, feeding ect. I only ask because if he`s getting a bit protective it might be that he needs to be shown who's the "boss" and "boss" will take care of all the protection stuff, then maybe he won`t feel the need to be dominant with the protection side of things

I love your little puppy pic anymore pics of the pair?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: New Girl!!! 22 Jan 2012 15:10 #2898

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Hi Welcome to the forum, whats your name ?? as Pauline has asked we need to know more of how when he is being protective
You wont get ant peace from this lot till you get some pics up of Koda and Maya.

Re: New Girl!!! 22 Jan 2012 15:39 #2901

• gall4961
  • Bear Puppy
My name is Karen
Maya is 4 1/2 and The best temperament ever with everyone, loves her cuddles and is very fit, enjoys her runs rather than walks daily Her litter was an accident apparently, but glad it happened as couldnt imagine life without her, when we go camping she sleeps outside the childrens tent on a night and looks after them, she also has a protective nature but no aggression with it ( myabe thats the wrong word) She is a big sook!!
Koda is 19 months, we got him at 8 weeks old and was just tooo cute! Very loving puppy and was extremely easy to train........he will do anything for a wee treat Fantastic with my kids aswell as my friends kids, then he seemed to change.........Maya came into season and Koda then got very protective of his environment, the house as well as the garden, did not take well to strangers coming in the house or near the garden, i had to warn the children to stay away from the garden gate as he was growling at them...........never lunging or bearing teeth, he was just warning them. last summer i had my friends daughter in the kitchen with my son and all of a sudden Koda growled and ran towards her and knocked her over, did not bite or again bear teeth??!!! Is this just he is too protective???
The most recent one was last week, my son got up around 0600 to go to the loo, (we live in a town house on a military estate)Koda sleeps outside my bedroom door, on the middle floor and Kian my son sleeps on the ground floor, as Kian was coning up the stairs Koda began to growl, i woke and told Koda to be quiet, he wasnt, and then realised it was Kian coming up the stairs, so i got up to get Kian, Koda was still growling, my poor son was terrified as Koda is his dog..................was he protecting me from the noise??or was he just growling at a noise that he is not used to through the night???
I am home with my kids and dogs as my husband is in the military so i am the BOSS
They get fed together in the kitchen just before we have our meal and they get a good 2-3 mile walk/run everyday as well as doing the school runs with me. They have a slabbed garden for them to play in.

Bit long winded i know but just so you can maybe get the whole picture
I will post more pics of them both soon xxxx

Re: New Girl!!! 22 Jan 2012 15:55 #2902

• gall4961
  • Bear Puppy
Here are a couple of pictures of my Bears...........Love them both to bits, Koda is very affactionate and a fantastic family dog, dont want to paint a bad picture of himwith his grumpiness xx
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: New Girl!!! 22 Jan 2012 23:24 #2905

I love the pics, they look like two very sweet bears

You say the protectivness started when Maya had a season, personally I think that would be inevitable if he hasn`t been "de-nutted" because he would see her as "his bitch" and he wouldn`t want anyone or anything taking away his chance to mate with her Has he been snipped? I know there`s proberly a lot more to this that needs sorting but maybe the first thing is of get the pair of them "sorted" if they haven`t already been
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter