Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie from Somerset

Newbie from Somerset 23 Jan 2012 23:24 #2925

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Hi everyone. Nice to meet you all. I may be new to this board but I adopted the most handsome teddybear of an Akita in December 2010. I think he is the most handsome male Akita I have ever seen, and I have seen more than a few since adopting him.

Everyone warned me I was taking on a handful. Well, all I can say then, is that my Thorn is not an average Akita. We loved him at first sight, but it took him a couple of weeks to make eye contact. It is the first time I had come across the breed, but did a lot of homework first to make sure we knew what would be best for this boy as he had been rehomed before.

Sadly his first rehoming did not work out as the family decided about 10 months of having him to buy a kitten. This had disasterous consequences and poor Thorn went back to the Dog's Home. I was saddened by the staff there who christened him a 'Cat Killer'. With patience he is actually pretty good with the local cats and can walk past them without reacting. However, we would never, ever put him in this postion again so cats are off our agenda.

So along with the rest of you, I am now a besotted Akita owner.

Sue
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Newbie from Somerset 24 Jan 2012 10:19 #2926

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud

Attachment C:\fakepath\Picasa3.exe not found

Hello and I'm not such a newbie from Devon. How can these people expect the dog to love the kitten jsut like that. Lucky boy got you so it had a good outcome. heres my baby.

Re: Newbie from Somerset 24 Jan 2012 10:59 #2927

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Thank you. He may be lucky but we are even luckier. We did not expect to find the perfect dog when we set out to rescue one, but he is.

Hattie looks a pretty girl.

Re: Newbie from Somerset 24 Jan 2012 18:47 #2931

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Hi Sue, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here.
I think each one of us has the most hansome/pretty Akitas but Thorn is a handsome boy and probably feels he fell on his paws when you adopted him
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Newbie from Somerset 24 Jan 2012 23:14 #2941

Hi & welcome to the forum....Thorn is a stunner ....no wonder you fell in love with him at first sight ....yes we all think we've got the bestest, most beautiful, most gorgeous Akita Bear ....thank goodness he found you & his forever home....fancy putting a kitten before a fantastic dog like Thorn!! ....some people!!....hope you send us more pics of Thorn.....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Newbie from Somerset 29 Jan 2012 09:38 #3040

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Hello Sue
Glad to hear that kitten is now off the menu. Looking forward to seeing pics of Thorn. You sound as besotted as the rest of us on here.
Lol, just figured out which Sue you are. Really glad you have joined us on here. I didn't realise that you live in Somerset. X
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 29 Jan 2012 09:41 by Stephanie.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter