Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Hi I'm a newbie!

Re: Hi I'm a newbie! 16 Feb 2012 00:08 #3599

Hi & welcome....like Pauline said...you lucky lucky puppy owner...& I too am very jealous ....pity they don't stay pups for long eh? ....Pauline & Denise covered all the do's & don'ts & all I can add to everything is...ENJOY ....OH & please plenty of pics ....it's a must on the forum...specially of puppies ...big xxxx for Koko......Pam Maya & Scoobie
The following user(s) said Thank You: XenaW

Re: Hi I'm a newbie! 16 Feb 2012 11:38 #3607

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
When ours was a baby we took her to puppy parties (c/o) our vets. She loved it. She was the biggest pup but they all rolled around on the floor together and chased each other around the surgery with us humans sitting on the floor giving cuddles. So do try it with Koko.

We have tried very hard to make our one sociable and invited all sorts of people to the house during her puppyhood so that she was used to as many people as possible. This has resulted in a very loving friendly girl.

Our only regret is that she has never, as an adult had much freedom with doggie friends although we always try to introduce her to other dogs (while on lead). Unfortunately she is very bouncy and always trys to put her paws on other dogs backs - and we have never managed to stop this urge (even when she was with her litter mates she did this to them) and then we take her to dog school and she doesn't do it (in front of the trainer). But hey good luck with your baby and keep her nice a socialized.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XenaW

Re: Hi I'm a newbie! 16 Feb 2012 21:25 #3621

I'm afraid that's another Akita "trait"....every Akita I know does exactly the same when playing with another dog...they are full on ....they also stand up like bears(hence the name me thinks) just before they pounce & throw their bodies right round, they can actually jump off the ground with all four legs!!....Akitas are not the daintiest of dogs!!, but thats what makes them so adorable .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Hi I'm a newbie! 16 Feb 2012 21:35 #3625

Yeh well everything about an Akita is adorable Im afraid thats why I cant go to a kennel incase I see one, I might just HAVE to take it home, I know that once I was at a dog show with charlie and at the end I went to look at the dogs, my mam said 'if we see an Akita I will die, it will be chaos with you!!!' ahaha, the first dog we saw in the first very kennel two japanese akita puppies!!! me;'mam can i have them can i have them please please pllllleeaasseee i mean mammmm charlie boy loves them too dont you boy!!!! ahahaha it was so funny! I didnt get them like but you know!!!!

Anyways yes please do keep your baby bear well socialized and post lots of pics thanks!
Jessica and the gang.

Re: Hi I'm a newbie! 16 Feb 2012 21:41 #3627

There's plenty time Jessica & then you can have as many as you can look after ...& no-one can say you can't have them ......Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Hi I'm a newbie! 16 Feb 2012 22:32 #3632

• XenaW
  • Calm before the storm
Thanks for your welcome Jessica. I'm really grateful for you taking the time to reply on the forum, especially at a difficult time; so sorry to hear about your loss.
Good to hear you're still in contact with your other Akita and that Charlie-boy and all the other animals are keeping you busy!

Will keep you updated and hope to see lots of pics of your new owners

Mel
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter