Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: new boy

new boy 19 May 2012 20:24 #5175

• pigdog
  • Bear Puppy
hi all
i have a 3 year old japanese which i rescued from a life of suffering just over 1 year ago i took abit of a chance as i have loads of kids lol but im pretty good with large dogs and she turned out to be a fine loving dog but she did come with her problems in the form of allergies suprise suprise but we are still working on that.

Re: new boy 19 May 2012 21:47 #5176

Hello and welcome to you and your girl I'd love to see some pics of your akita, what's her name?

My Asia has very bad allergies, she's even allegic to allegenic dog food, so I cook all her food, how do you deal with you girls allergies?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: new boy 20 May 2012 09:33 #5178

• pigdog
  • Bear Puppy
hi bensonsmum
we tried allsorts but as a last ditch attempt we started a raw diet with rice yeasterday feeding only parts of lamb if this makes a difference i will introduce another meat in about 8 weeks time and so on just to try and eliminate any protien allergy she may have. we spent a fortune at vets but the treatments are only masking the problem and causing wieght gain.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: new boy 20 May 2012 11:49 #5183

Hi and welcome.....
She looks stunning.....raw diet should help
Did your vets do full work up to find out exactly what she is allergic to?
Its very expensive but worth it as then you will know rather than trial and error....
Im guessing they are masking her symptoms with steroids? Hence the weight gain....
I hope you get to the bottom of it soon
X
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

MISS MY BABY BOY MORE EVERYDAY.....and they say time is a great healer.....I DISAGREE (

Re: new boy 20 May 2012 12:10 #5184

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
we got a poor creature with a possible allergy - hardly any fur. Might be SA or not ???? It is a work in progress although the vet (no 3 vets) are baffled. Yours looks so pretty and happy. well done.
Attachments:

Re: new boy 20 May 2012 18:40 #5189

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi and welcome! She is beautiful and looks so well! Our Kiri has problems too and we've tried all sorts of food eliminations too, chicken and rice, fish and rice, just chicken, just fish, as well as numerous recommended dried food etc. Then by chance we tried Arden Grange sensitive, it has transformed her! Her eyes are brighter, her coat much better, her stomach better, just overall a vast improvement.
So if the raw doesn't work , maybe worth a try.
By the way well done for taking the chance with her with your brood! I'm sure she's one well loved lady.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter