Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi all...oldie but newby too

Hi all...oldie but newby too 07 Nov 2012 20:18 #7275

Hi all
Some of you may remember me. I used to be more involved with Akitas several years ago, but since the loss of my bear Oishi I have been more involved with GSPs and other rescue.
Deb

Re: Hi all...oldie but newby too 07 Nov 2012 21:47 #7282

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Hi Deb,
Welcome back, it is very hard when you lose a Bear.
I hope all is well with you. Do you have any dogs now?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hi all...oldie but newby too 07 Nov 2012 21:57 #7283

Hi Denise
Long time no speak eh lol. How are you, well I hope. Daft as it sounds I still cry over the loss of my bear even after all these years. I have two german pointer girls, I say girls but they were both 12 this year. How about you, how many do you have now? Ive been doing a lot of pointer and gundog rescue, bringing numerous dogs over from Ireland but doing a bit less at the mo due to work commitments. Have had some involvement with akitas via a friend who is a co-ordinator for Friends of Akitas. Is it ok to mention other akita rescues on here?! How is Ken these days, well I hope.
All the best
Deb

PS Where do you find posts asking for/offering help with transport, homechecks, etc? May at times be able to assist. Thanks x
Last Edit: 07 Nov 2012 22:01 by Spuggyhawk.

Re: Hi all...oldie but newby too 09 Nov 2012 23:46 #7306

Hello and welcome back I uderstand why you still cry over the loss of your Oishi, I still hurt for my old Benny who left 6 years ago!! but you have you two "!mature" ladies now and I'm sure they bring you a lot of joy any pics of your special ladies

Re: Hi all...oldie but newby too 10 Nov 2012 15:47 #7312

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi, welcome back. I've been on here for almost two years , so we probably haven't come across each other. I've only had an Akita for two years but they certainly pull at the heartstrings! We have Kiri, aged 3, Obi, aged 1 in December ( we fostered 3 puppies for ARW and kept him), and Yoko, a puppy who we are fostering, again for ARW. So as you see we are truly smitten!

Re: Hi all...oldie but newby too 10 Nov 2012 18:04 #7315

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I'm doing ok Deb, thanks. I still get up set about losing Micha 7yrs ago yesterday, they certainly get under the skin!! We need to see some pics of your "mature ladies" please.
I have still got the grumpy old man Shiro, he's 10.5yrs now i lost Geyko April 2011 and have not had another girl since, Shiro has had enough of the ladies now and just wants to chill on his own now lol
Yes, it's ok to mention other rescues, though not to much lol.
If you fill in the adoption form and where it ask for dog ref number, put in assessor/homechecker/transporter and we will add you on our map
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter