Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: hi

Re: Hello Everyone. 24 Dec 2012 23:55 #7692

• bob
  • Bear Puppy
Hi
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2012 08:22 by bob. Reason: don't want to be part of forum

Re: Hello Everyone. 25 Dec 2012 00:44 #7693

Welcome and Happy christmas:) I love the pictures and I'm so glad you decided take Keisha in as a one of he family

Stella, have you got a link to the facebook pics of Zena, I can find them, I'd love to see her in front of the roaring fire
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hello Everyone. 25 Dec 2012 10:22 #7698

• bob
  • Bear Puppy
Hi
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2012 08:24 by bob. Reason: don't want to be part of forum

Re: Hello Everyone. 26 Dec 2012 10:25 #7700

• stellalgray
  • Administrator

Re: Hello Everyone. 26 Dec 2012 13:20 #7701

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Ah, Woody brought a lump to my throat, he's so like our Sheba. We really missed her yesterday, these labs have a great spirit. She had a liver disease at the age of 9 , and the vet told us she wouldn't live more than a few months and even then would have a poor quality of life. She proved him wrong on both counts, she lived more than four years after that , and was really alert and active throughout. Two weeks before she died Clive took her camping in the Derbyshire Dales, she ran through streams, climbed mountains and talked to the horses! She was originally my Dads dog and when he died we took her and his other lab, who died within weeks! We had Sheba for 10 years and she was Clives shadow, like your Woody. She loved all of us but I think she had a special bond with her master.
She was a hard act to follow but our two Akitas are filling the gap she made. Kiri is 3 now, and is very laid back and patient, she has to be! We have fostered puppies this year do ARW and she just accepts them and lets them play with ( sorry, I mean destroy) her toys, share her food, and steal her favourite chair , without so much as a grumble. She now puts up with Obi! Who still is very much a puppy, except he size of a small horse.
Where abouts do you live? We had a pack walk in December, I think there were 12 Akitas and a SBT, all so well behaved! We are hoping to do more in the future, be great to see you there. Keep looking on here for details.
Christine , Kiri and Obi.

Re: Hello Everyone. 26 Dec 2012 17:18 #7704

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Hi Bob,
Welcome to the forum, sorry i have'nt posted sooner, i have been rather busy with one thing and another !!!
You look to have a lovely pack, at this time i think you would upset the pack if you brought another dog in, i would give it awhile yet before introducing another, but there is no harm in looking lol.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter