Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello everyone

Re: Hello everyone 25 Aug 2013 20:14 #9172

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Hi Peter, and welcome. Sorry to hear you lost your Sheba, same name as the girl I lost. We went looking for another dog , and ended up with our first Akita, Kiri. Can I just set your mind at rest?
An 18 month old Akita will not run you ragged like the Shnauzer did! Kiri was 18 months old when we took her on, we sometimes had to poke her to make sure she was still alive! Now we also have a male, Obi who is 2 in December, he is more lively, but only when we set the mood.
No two seem to be the same. We recently took in a 10 month old girl, she's so laid back, it's unbelievable! Then another of a more mature age can be a live wire.
My role is to find the right home , bearing in mind the needs of the new owners and the temperament of the Akita in question.
If you would like to fill in an adoption form, I could then contact you to talk further.
Christine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastliner

Re: Hello everyone 25 Aug 2013 22:06 #9173

Christine I rolled up when you said "we sometimes had to poke her to make sure she was still alive!" Asia is just the same, she is a bit of a slob My old Benny loved to sleep and sleep and sleep Out of all the dogs I've had akita's are the ones who love to sleep anytime, anywhere
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hello everyone 26 Aug 2013 14:23 #9178

Hi Christine - thank you for your reply. Of course you are right about each dog being an individual which is why being new to the breed I would hope to discuss any potentials and be guided to the right one by yourselves. I'm off to the Lakes for short holiday on 9th Sept. so would be starting to look in earnest upon return. In the meantime thanks once again for your welcome. Cheers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter