Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Hello Again

Hello Again 05 Sep 2014 07:02 #9611

• jadematic
  • Bear Puppy
Hi all,

It's been some time since we have been on. sooooo long our original ID seems to have been deleted. Unfortunately life has had many up's and downs which has taken much of our time up.

Though I would share some updates and photos of Mochi and Yantsi now, hopefully some may still remember little Mochi on our Windsor walk years ago.

Sadly I have to say last year Mochi was diagnosed with advanced osteosarcoma in her front right leg. This was very difficult since it really came out of nowhere and within a couple of days we where faced with some difficult decisions, one i am happy to say we did not agree with, was having our happy Mochi put to sleep even when vets gave her only 3 months to live at best.

I can let you all know that we decided to go with amputation and against all the vets advice and also against chemo, they where concerned about her size and weight and that successes and very low for this but we new Mochi was a fighter. We opted for a completely transformed diet which we prepare everyday made up of fresh veggies / fruit and natural supplements and more we are now over one and a half years. I like to think Mochi has always done things her own way and decided to stick to the statistics however I can still say that the vets believe it is all just luck and certainly don't advocate our natural approach.

Yantsi is also doing ok now over 12 years old he is still crazy and bouncing about, and the diet hasn't harmed him.

I thought I would share some pics of them both them then and now should people have forgot us or never met Mochi since years back I was on this forum all the time.

I will try and share some more in the coming weeks as it would be good to get back and see if I can help the rescue in some ways again.

Re: Hello Again 05 Sep 2014 23:13 #9612

Hello and good to see you back here sorry to hear about Mochi, is osteosarcoma a form of cancer? I only ask because my old Benny had bone cancer in his front leg, but sadly he was too old for amputation But it sounds like your natural approach is working well for your Mochi I'm all for natural and my Asia has been on her home cooked veggy and chicken diet for 8 years, her allergies have been non-existant since, apart from a few blips

Yantsi is 12 I love the mature boys and girl, any piccies

Good to see you, Yantsi and Mochi back you have a lot of experience to offer
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hello Again 06 Sep 2014 06:30 #9613

• jadematic
  • Bear Puppy
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2014 06:32 by jadematic.

Re: Hello Again 06 Sep 2014 06:33 #9614

• jadematic
  • Bear Puppy
Uploaded an old puppy pic, and a couple more of Mochi and Yantsi.

Yes you are correct Osteo' was bone cancer. It was a very difficult time and the decision had to be made very fast. Since once they took the x-rays they said it would be better to either put her to sleep now and not wake her back up or operate immediately.

That was a very difficult 10 minutes for myself and partner to decide what to do.

It really did come out of the blue, As any one will know Akita's are great ones at not showing any pain, I could just tell something wasn't normal as the lower part of her right leg was warm to touch and very slightly swollen.

As i say we are now over 1 and a half years and taking it day by day. She eats largely a raw veg and fish diet. with cold pressed biscuits (no grain or sugars)

we blend the veg down to a past and mix it with the fish and biscuits. most of the blends will have things like the following.

Kale, Broccoli, Cauliflower , Courgettes Spinach Cucumber Carrots Seaweed Blueberry Apple along with supplements like vitamin which we rotate over the weeks.
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2014 08:22 by jadematic.

Re: Hello Again 06 Sep 2014 06:59 #9615

• jadematic
  • Bear Puppy
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2014 07:10 by jadematic.

Re: Hello Again 06 Sep 2014 07:00 #9616

• jadematic
  • Bear Puppy
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2014 07:19 by jadematic.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter