Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Hello There!

Re: Hello There! 12 Mar 2015 18:30 #9851

• BigDogDad
  • Bear Puppy
Hi all. Thanks for all the help. Had the home visit today and all went well. I am going to get him at 11 on monday morning.

Looking forward to it, tomorrow and the weekend will be getting all the little bits sorted out. Will try and get some pics up of him on monday or tuesday.

Re: Hello There! 12 Mar 2015 18:47 #9852

• stellalgray
  • Administrator
Welcome to the group and brilliant news! Can't wait to see the pictures.

It sounds as if you live in the perfect spot and you have one very lucky boy coming to live with you. Good luck with the blowing coat - very therapeutic to sit and pluck it out!

Stella (Hugo and Pip's mum)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigDogDad

Re: Hello There! 12 Mar 2015 19:38 #9853

• BigDogDad
  • Bear Puppy
Thanks Stella.

Bizzarely, i am actually looking forward to the grooming!! going to town tomorrow to get all the little bits (collar, lead, brushess and combs, bowls and get his sofa ordered!) any good reccomendations on food? don't want to start RAW just yet as he will be just out of kennells and want to give him some time to settle down before doing that

Re: Hello There! 13 Mar 2015 15:42 #9854

Great news! I'm so pleased for you and for Buster, it sounds like he's landed on his great big akita paws

As for food I'm can't help much with that, due to Asia having severe allergies to lots of foods, including almost all dog foods, I cook everything she eats, including treats, but I'm sure others will have some suggestions, just give him time to settle then you can try him on some recomended foods

Can't wait for the piccies
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hello There! 13 Mar 2015 17:50 #9856

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Excellent news!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of him settling in.

My Tia is fed on Pets at Home Wainwrights Salmon and Potato, its a decent food at an affordable cost. It suits her digestive system and she does well on it. James Wellbeloved, Fish 4 Dogs and Arden Grange are all decent quality food too.

I use a slicker brush and the undercoat rake for grooming. 2 weeks intense grooming twice a year with furry tumbleweed blowing around everywhere! Its great lol
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !

Re: Hello There! 13 Mar 2015 21:53 #9861

• BigDogDad
  • Bear Puppy
Thanks for the replies guys! It's nice to have a better idea knowing what other people who keep Akitas reccomend!
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter