Welcome, Guest

Micro Chipping to become Compulsary
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 06 May 2012 20:36 #4989

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Thorn was chipped when we adopted him. Bristol RSPCA won't rehome any dog unless it has been chipped and this has been their policy for many years.

Thorn is the 3rd dog we have adopted from there but only the bear boy.

In some respects I can see the need for it, but Benson's Mum has some good objections. There are those who will always breed dogs indiscriminately and these won't be chipped and the new owners will probably be all to happy to slip under the radar.

Fors and againsts. I am not sure where I stand on it, but it may put some people off dog ownership while this recession continues to bite (ooooh that is a pun!) and many may not be able to fo afford the extra cost.

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 07 May 2012 17:01 #5021

"a Japanese fighting akita"

They really like to sensationalize don't they
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 07 May 2012 17:01 #5022

• hitman44
  • Calm before the storm
so called people are mistreating dogs anyway I just think its a step in the right direction and as for people who cant afford to have a dog chipped well if you cant afford the price of the chipping you cant really afford to have a dog

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 20 May 2012 18:42 #5190

• POLLYWOLLY
  • Teenage Rampager
I thinks it's a good idea. Especially if my Bear went missing or got injured at least I'd more hope of getting her back.

There'll always be people that break the law no matter what but at least us responsible owners can play our bit and lead by example!

I was told on friday at work that you can now get a chip that includes a thermometer so the dogs don't need to suffer a rectal one. How I wish I'd known of these for Beau. She hates anyone touching her rear but has got more agrreable since she's been with us. We make it a game and she's so much better! Not with the vet though as luckily she doesn't see them alot!

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 20 May 2012 18:56 #5191

• William
  • Bear Puppy
hi if they cannot afford the cost then they cannot afford to keep a dog

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 20 May 2012 19:34 #5192

In the majority of cases chipping is meaningless as it relies on them being taken for scanning n the first place....if someone steals a dog for fighting/breeding....they are not going to take it to be scanned...Rendering the chip meaningless

There will never be a fully secure way....but i suppse its a step in the right direction

Lisence and prison time for anyone found owning a dog without one.....thats the way forward....but then again you can get away with murder in this country these days!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

MISS MY BABY BOY MORE EVERYDAY.....and they say time is a great healer.....I DISAGREE (
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter