Welcome, Guest

Micro Chipping to become Compulsary
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 21 May 2012 18:48 #5197

• William
  • Bear Puppy
so if you dog goes astray and the police or some else takes it to the vets to see if it is chipped and then finds you as the owner would that not be a better way rather then thinking its going for fighting or some other use

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 21 May 2012 18:59 #5198

Of course it would william!
But what i was saying is IF it was stolen..(and lets be fair....breeds like these are more likely stolen for those reasons than the fact they want it as their family pet).....the chip is useless
There will never be a way to stop it.....but it can be made harder......or maybe if people kept a closer watch on their pets.....they wouldn't go astray
I work at a vets and id say in 90% of cases the owner states...."i didnt even realise he/she had gone.....they were in the garden last time i looked"
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

MISS MY BABY BOY MORE EVERYDAY.....and they say time is a great healer.....I DISAGREE (

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 21 May 2012 20:01 #5199

• William
  • Bear Puppy
so the akita that are in pounds and found in shopping centres car parks that have no means of id which could of been reunited with the owners had they been chipped could have saved a lot of time and money to people like the ARW and others like so . i think my own feeling is that it would help a lot in the long run

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 21 May 2012 20:22 #5200

i think you will find i said IN THE MAJORITY OF CASES..........
i agree it's a start and hopefully just the start of better things to come......there are pro's & cons to chipping...and yes i'm with you 100% that all the stray dogs found could have been re-united....or at least punished the owner for dumping them in the first place....if the owners had bothered to have them chipped.........we could discuss it all night....the dogs that are found with their necks cut because some low life has attempted to remove the chip (YES it happens)
your view is the dogs that "just got lost" and it's great for them deffinately....i was just flipping the coin for the ones that didn't get lost
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

MISS MY BABY BOY MORE EVERYDAY.....and they say time is a great healer.....I DISAGREE (

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 21 May 2012 20:38 #5201

• William
  • Bear Puppy
ok i hear you on that point and i am with you on that , so we had better leave it at that and thanks for your points you made
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Raving Pixie

Re: Micro Chipping to become Compulsary 21 May 2012 20:42 #5202

• Teresa
  • Administrator
The microchip is a fantastic invention, but like anything, its only fantastic if used correctly. The majority of vets dont scan for a chip in new dogs bought into their surgeries, only strays handed in.
Then, when a dog is scanned, half the time the chip isnt registered. So what is the point in a microchip??
The current stray dog population all over the country verifies that.
Some microchipped missing dogs never turn up, but they havent disappeared off the planet.
Just proves my point that unless used properly a chip is useless and therefore enforcing them will achieve very little and alter nothing.
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
The following user(s) said Thank You: William
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter