Welcome, Guest

Letting Your Dog Sleep on Your Bed With You
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Letting Your Dog Sleep on Your Bed With You

Re: Letting Your Dog Sleep on Your Bed With You 09 May 2012 12:01 #5071

Many of my clients tell me shamefully that their dog sleeps on the bed with them, they are often surprised at my response when I say 'that's great'. In my opinion if letting your dog sleep on the bed is not contributing to any problem behaviours then the only problem you do have is cleaning your sheets more often coz the hairy monkey's have been in there! Even old world breeds have been domesticated so well to be with humans that I see no problem sharing our sleeping areas with them, we have bred them to want to be with their families and thus a goods cuddle in bed on helps to reinforce and strengthen that bond.

I used to have all my dogs in bed, but now they all stay in their own conservatory. This is through no fault of their own, its because I have a baby due and need to get them used to sleeping downstairs before it arrives.

So pull up your duvets and let them all in as, as a behaviourist and trainer I am pro dogs in the bed!!!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Letting Your Dog Sleep on Your Bed With You 09 May 2012 12:48 #5074

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
I'm with you here is JD in his fave spot
[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\2011-10-22 13.20.29.jpg[/attachment]

Re: Letting Your Dog Sleep on Your Bed With You 11 May 2012 08:41 #5100

Sometimes....Just sometimes.....Tori and I let the wife sleep on our bed...Is that so wrong???!!!

Re: Letting Your Dog Sleep on Your Bed With You 12 May 2012 09:35 #5112

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Thorn does not like dog beds as he eats them.

We have also discovered that he has been trained not to get on human beds, although he does like to wake us by flipping back the duvvet and licking our feet. That is really fun at 5 am on a summer morning.

Re: Letting Your Dog Sleep on Your Bed With You 12 May 2012 13:38 #5119

• xmuadx
  • Akita Savie
Never in my life had I ever even let my dogs go upstairs, let alone on the bed. Then along came an Akita into our lives, all the rule books have been torn up! First she crept up on the sofa, something else I had never allowed, then at the top of the stairs, then outside the bedroom door, then finally onto the spare bed when Clive was ill. However, Kiri always 'asks' for permission first, climbing up gracefully. Now , Obi, he just launches himself onto the sofa, or like yesterday onto me, who was asleep on the sofa. Clive says its because he was trying to stop me snoring, now, do ladies snore? I don't think so!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter