Welcome, Guest

PolarBear has gone to the Bridge
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PolarBear has gone to the Bridge

PolarBear has gone to the Bridge 16 Nov 2011 22:50 #1898

• KimIFA
  • Bear Puppy
I'm sorry that I haven't been on for a while, and this is mostly for Denise and Ken who helped us find PolarBear and to say that Elvis and Nikki have lost their big brother, PolarBear was via AR&W nearly 4 years ago from Doris Banham.

He came to us as a severe abuse case with severe FA nearly 4 years ago, he had an irrepairable torn knee, arthritis and some spine damage and was severely starved and underweight. His issues were too many to mention and he attacked my hubby when he smelt of alcohol just after we got him.

But, we stuck by him, and he gradually turned into a fairly nice dog, and a stunning mummies boy.

We're glad that he knew 4 years of love, good food, treats, canine companionship, regular walks and outings, and that he learnt to relax and enjoy his cuddles.

We've been dreading this day, but on top of all his other health issues (auto-immune/arthritis/incontinence because of his spinal damage/bad circulation due to heart issues) he started fitting about 6 months ago. These had got progressively worse and yesterday he had 3 bad fits loosing control of all his body functions.

We decided he had had enough and our vets agreed, so he passed away yesterday evening.

I love you Bear, please let me know you've arrived safe at the bridge, and enjoy your new legs and no more pain. Do me a favour, go frighten the sh*t out of your last owner for me. He would have been such a lovely boy if some sad excuse of a human hadn't abused him so.

You will never be forgotten. Love you big boy. x

How he arrived:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

My favorite photo at his best:

Re: PolarBear has gone to the Bridge 17 Nov 2011 00:56 #1899

Well words fail me.....for what happened in the past to your lovely Polar Bear, it leaves me speechless & very angry .....but you have given him more love & affection in his last 4 years that I'm sure he was so greatful for.....I am so sorry that he has gone to the bridge, it leaves such a void in the family, we all know what you're all going through & we are all thinking of you at this time.....he's probably running & playing with all the other bears that have gone to the bridge....bless him.....run free Polar Bear...run free......Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: PolarBear has gone to the Bridge 17 Nov 2011 00:59 #1900

& if there's any justice in this word....I hope he does visit his former horrible owners & scare the sh*t out of them....go get them Polar Bear.......Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: PolarBear has gone to the Bridge 17 Nov 2011 11:36 #1901

Oh I'm so sorry to hear your sad news but so glad thea polar bear spent the last years of his life surrounde by love and understanding. I know what it`s like to see them constantly fit, i had a dog called Tod and he had severe epilepsey most of his life, he eventually went into one big constant fit and we had to make that dreaded decision too, it`s never easy but Polar Bear will know it` was done with love

Go haunt the pooh out of `em beautiful boy!!!

Re: PolarBear has gone to the Bridge 17 Nov 2011 15:05 #1907

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Be proud and loud Polar Bear and stand tall on you new legs

Stay strong and think about how good you where for him love and Hugs Dawn xxxxxxx

Re: PolarBear has gone to the Bridge 17 Nov 2011 15:10 #1908

• Joomla
  • Trustee
I am so sorry to hear about Bear Kim. You and your hubby where fantastic for taking him knowing that he was in bad shape, it was'nt until you actually got him that you realised just how bad he was.

I was actually going to phone you yesterday as well.

Be free Big Polar Bear. Enjoy yout new fit body and play with all the others waiting for those that loved them.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter