Welcome, Guest

Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!!

Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!! 18 Feb 2012 12:11 #3692

Well for some reason, over jealousy or who got fed first or something, this morning Charlie and Roman had a scrap and Roman did BITE Charlies muzzle , he has two great bright red marks that were bleeding on his nose, bless him, I have washed his face (wounds) in warm water and they seem to be getting clearer but do you think they will get infected? Here are some pictures to show you and see what you think about them.

Thankyou
Jessica and the gang.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2012 12:13 by Akita-lover-forever. Reason: photos

Re: Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!! 18 Feb 2012 23:24 #3719

Awwwwwwww poor Charlie & bad, bad Roman ...just keep an eye around the wound Jessica, if it starts to get red & the redness starts to spread & it gets very hot to the touch, then the it's probably infected & you will need to get antibiotics for him....you should know within the next 24 to 48hrs, that's if it's infected ok??...anymore worries just get in touch......looking at his wound it looks fine & pink, so I think he will be ok .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!! 19 Feb 2012 13:41 #3733

• Joomla
  • Trustee
Poor Charlie, food can cause a lot of bother if they dont like sharing.
Charlies wounds look clean at the moment, if you keep them clean with warm water and a bit of salt in there it will help keep them clean and hopefully no trip to the vets.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!! 19 Feb 2012 23:40 #3745

Poor Charlie boy! but as the others said it looks like a clean wound, just keep it clean and fingers crossed it'll heal up nicely

Do you think it might be best to feed charlie away from Roman?
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!! 19 Feb 2012 23:51 #3747

Pauline's correct there Jessica....if you are having problems like you just have, it would be better to feed them seperately....you don't want Charlie to have any more scars on his little nose ....poor Charlie...hope is nose is ok .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Awwwh my poor Charlie boy!!!! 20 Feb 2012 23:04 #3767

Sorry I don't know the history of your dogs but your Akita sees itself as above the station of your poor wee terrier. ( A trait inherrant in the breed) This goes for feeding too as the dominant dog feeds first.....You'll definitely have to feed them separate. ALWAYS feed Roman first. Notwithstanding, Keetas tend to be very unforgiving and second time around, given the same circumstances, will escalate matters. better to be afe than sorry.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter