Nina and some more water
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nina and some more water

Nina and some more water 09 Apr 2012 18:14 #4637

• Pete_R
  • Bear Puppy
A few more of Nina on the River Wye at the end of March

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 09 Apr 2012 18:21 by Pete_R.

Re: Nina and some more water 09 Apr 2012 22:14 #4650

Aww lovely pictures the first one is my favourite she looks so wise!!! Bless her so is she much of a swimmer then? And how is she doing?

Jessica&Charlie Boy

Re: Nina and some more water 09 Apr 2012 22:28 #4651

Oh wow! now that first picture is defiantly a calender pic

Re: Nina and some more water 09 Apr 2012 23:47 #4653

• Pete_R
  • Bear Puppy
Overall she is coming along nicely, on the swimming front I am afraid its nervous paddling but once in over her paws she gets more confident. Jack (my son) walked her right across the river yesterday while it was belly deep for her but the rock in view was under water today with the river back to normal spring levels so no more practice for a bit.

Otherwise poops have firmed up but opportunist scavenging has increased. We attended our first training class last week with a collie and a St Bernard (and I thought Nina was big) Interestingly she wanted to make friends with the SB but was nervous of the collie a patterns we see a fair bit as she avoids small dogs with suggestions of fear but is happy with anything above adult collie size.

Sit is now embedded and waiting to eat food almost there but she has started to pull on her lead again when we are on more sedate walks. Wednesday should be interesting as I might be out with friends for a 3+ hour walk a good test of how she will cope with some possible summer plans of 4 15+ mile days back to back.

In short she well settled and house training is now at the accident and me not paying attention stage.

Re: Nina and some more water 17 Apr 2012 12:04 #4753

Have you tried a canny collar or a halti to help with the pulling on lead? they can take a while to get used to but if you put it on her indoors for a few mins a day she'll soon get along with it

My old Benny used to be a bit anxious around collies, so every time we saw one I'd give him a treat, he soon looked forward to seeing collies because he knew he'd get a treat When I first got Asia she was over excited and barky at every dog she saw! so as soon as I saw a dog approaching, I'd get her to sit, then I'd give her a treat as the dog walked by (at a distance) I'd keep the treat in my fingers and make her work for it to keep her attention on me and in not to long a time she was fine, even now I use a treat to distract he if I need to Nina sounds like she really wants to learn doesn`t she, so she shuld do really well in her training

Anymore pics

Re: Nina and some more water 18 Apr 2012 09:32 #4761

• malibu2027
  • Akita Savie
Stunning xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter