Welcome, Guest

My female Akita - Asia
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: My female Akita - Asia

Re: My female Akita - Asia 13 Sep 2012 19:06 #6609

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
your list is awe inspring Denise. I have had akitas for 30 years. One of the very first. My husband wanted a malumute and I wanted a chow chow (and still do). I had an old Observer Book of dogs dated 1955 and on page one was an akita. It didn't look much like the ones we see now but its discription was amazing so I rang the kennel club. They gave me two telephone numbers of people who had them. 1st and 2nd KC regconised litters born here - one was a male and one was a female. The female was in Bristol - so went to see her. While parking our car a pinto female puppy walked past. Her name was Kitty and I fell in love. We had the female puppy available who was red and called Ellie, and 2 years later adopted her half brother Kami as a rescue and then years later we had two more - and guess who was their Granny - yes Kitty. One of them - Nancy was the spit and image of Kitty. They were with us for 14 years and then we got Hattie. And guess who her great gr. gr. gr. grandma is - yes Kitty. An akita is not an easy dog to get to grips with but when you do it is well worth it and there is no other like them.
The topic has been locked.

Re: My female Akita - Asia 23 Sep 2012 14:15 #6739

Well done for you all who have Akitas for so many years! I'm only 13 and wish to have Akitas all my life when I'm older by both rescuing and fostering from both the ARW and maybe kennels in my area but its not often Akitas are in the kennels round where I live. And although it sounds horrible I don't like getting dogs from breeders because there is so many in kennels that can be saved!

Anyway so far I have had Akitas for 13 years. But now I don't have any

And I think I have to wait until I am older to get another Akita, I still have my gorgeous 6 year old Westie though!

I got Inka when I was a baby, he was 1 year old and he died this year, aged 14 years. We got Nushka (both from kennels) when I was 4 years old and she died when she was 9 years old this year aswell due to a twisted bowel. Inka was becoming seriously ill

Jessica and Charlie Boy and Inka and Nushka

Re: My female Akita - Asia 23 Sep 2012 22:30 #6746

Hey Jessica matey don't forget that charlie boy is an honorary akita
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: My female Akita - Asia 07 Oct 2012 19:46 #6924

• Mumof 5
  • Bear Puppy
oh wow Denise, it doesn't sound like you have had much luck with the health of your Akita's

This is my first Akita and we adore her. She will be one at the end of December this year. I am sooo impressed with how clever she is and also how cheeky and strong willed!

What is everyone's thoughts on breeding? We are thinking let her have a litter then get neutered ?

Re: My female Akita - Asia 07 Oct 2012 22:34 #6927

Why do you think she needs to have a litter first? personally I'm against it, there's no need to have pups before spaying, all it results in is more little pups to find homes for, have her spayed but please... no pups. I could say more but I won't

You girl sounds very special and very "akita" with her stong will

Re: My female Akita - Asia 08 Oct 2012 02:59 #6931

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Mum of 5 has already been removed from our facebook page for offering one of her "future" pups to someone who was inquiring after Machiko, who had been in kennels for 6 months! She has also approached the Trust seeking advice on a temperament issue with the dog she intends to breed from?

This is a rescue site that has 50 Akitas to re home because people seem to think that they should let their Akita have a litter. We are turning Akita's in need away on a daily basis because we do not have space and there is no rescue centers to take them in. They are being put to sleep.

Although this was explained to her via a private message when she was removed from the Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust Facebook Group, she seemed to ignore the message and felt it appropriate advertise her intention to breed on this RESCUE forum. Although this group is here to educate and guide folk, some people just don't get it!!!
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2012 03:41 by Stephanie.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter