Welcome, Guest

My female Akita - Asia
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: My female Akita - Asia

Re: My female Akita - Asia 08 Oct 2012 08:39 #6934

• Teresa
  • Administrator
Between the 3 breed rescues and the hundreds of rescue centres and pounds, there are at least 30 Akitas (probably more) spending their days lonely and sad in kennels. Many of these will be PTS due to lack of space and lack of breed understanding and knowledge.
You only have to look at the stories of the ARW dogs in kennels, its heartbreaking to read, but these are the same many times over.
Why would you want to breed when this is happening? Our beloved Akitas are becoming "staffies", overbred and unwanted. Crosses of the breed are everywhere you look, but if you cant find a home for a pedigree Akita what chance does the poor cross have?
How are you going to ensure that every puppy has a home for life? How are you going to follow this up? What happens when one or even more need a new home? As the breeder its your responsibility to take the dog/s back and find new homes. Have you had her eyes checked? Her hips scored? Her heart checked? The "responsibility" list is endless.
If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either !
The topic has been locked.

Re: My female Akita - Asia 08 Oct 2012 09:03 #6935

• Hattiesmum
  • Proud and Loud
Sad to say on walkies yesterday we were approached by a woman who said she bred akitas. she has had 4 litters and when I asked her if she showed her dogs she said that the akita people at the shows were nasty to her because of her breed lines. Well thats dog shows for you anyway - but she was looking for a bitch for her boy or wasn't sure if she should get another bitch in to breed. I questioned her on if she took her pups back if not wanted anymore. She said yes but I would think not. I also remarked that I did things for the akita rescues and so many were in need. She looked blank. It depressed me rather. I have a friend who is one of the serious well known breeders of akitas and show judge and she is always nervous when she homes her pups, if she had her way we would be wall to wall with them as she trusts us, so how is a back yard one ever going to cope?

Re: My female Akita - Asia 08 Oct 2012 12:32 #6937

Thanks for saying the "more" that I was worried about saying. I'm now even more worried about her wanting to breed her poor dog, it sounds like she's a pump 'em out! sell 'em for lots of money to any tom dick or harry! pump more out! then dump the poor mum akita when she needs vet treatment and can't produce an income anymore type of person! she said "We adore her" perhaps she means "I'll make a mint from her!"

I may be out of order with what I've said but I'm very angry that someone can abuse a rescue forum in this way Oops! I nearly used the female dog word!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2012 12:33 by bensonsmum.

Re: My female Akita - Asia 09 Oct 2012 06:27 #6941

• Mumof 5
  • Bear Puppy
EXCUSE me I have NEVER been removed for offering pups!!!! I have never ever mentioned my akita breeding until now! RUDE!

I am trying to be a responsible dog owner and asking for advice, all you lot gave me was rudeness!

Re: My female Akita - Asia 09 Oct 2012 11:27 #6944

You said "EXCUSE me I have NEVER been removed for offering pups!!!!"

I'm very sorry to have sounded so offensive towards you Mumof 5, but I can only go by the imformation I'm given, if you've never been removed for offering pups then please stay on our forum for the advice you're seeking

I think, as I'm sure you can appreciate, talking about breeding is always an emotive subject

I hope to see you back here with with your pretty girl and I hope you get the advice you need

Once again, sorry if I I offended you

Re: My female Akita - Asia 09 Oct 2012 11:56 #6947

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Hi Sharleen of SE18

Please find attached pics of your Akita taken from the same Facebook page that was banned from our Facebook group. Along with these pics are pics of your 5 children, which I will not post.

Not only is it rude to try to deprive a rescue dog advertised on a Rescue Group, Machiko, from a potential home by offering the interested person a back yard bred pup from your planned litter, it is despicable.

Please see confirmation of identity attached by means of pics of Asia. It is amazing how far people are prepared to push it.

Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter