Welcome, Guest

Can we join the Big Dogs Please ???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Can we join the Big Dogs Please ???

Re: Can we join the Big Dogs Please ??? 02 Oct 2012 18:32 #6842

• akitalady9
  • Calm before the storm
Thanks so much Bill,
After keeks went it left a huge hole in our life, our home & our hearts

These babies can't ever take his place but they needed a family & we're both softies !

Ive been trying to post pictures of them on the site but can't seem to make it work.

I do hope you are ok, & that all your good memories begin to outweigh the great sadness of losing your old pal.

When i saw these dogs i had feelings of guilt , & questioned if it was too soon.
But i knew in my heart that these oldies would struggle to be re-homed together. I remembered Siemie & keeks ,& how he nearly broke his heart when Battersea split them up temporarily

I will never forget my old boys & girls and will always have a very special affection for Akitas. But since my illness earlier in the year i felt that a smaller dog/ dogs would be easier to handle for the future
[attachment:1]P9280005.JPG[/attachment]

Re: Can we join the Big Dogs Please ??? 02 Oct 2012 19:37 #6844

Congrats on the new doggies, I am sorry for Akiko But he led a happy life and was bootiful!

Pics as soon as you can!

Jessica and Charlie Boy and Inka and Nushka
The following user(s) said Thank You: akitalady9

Re: Can we join the Big Dogs Please ??? 03 Oct 2012 07:13 #6858

• akitalady9
  • Calm before the storm
There are now pictures under the heading - Amber & Bonnie trying again - Denise kindly put them on for me x

Re: Can we join the Big Dogs Please ??? 04 Oct 2012 14:32 #6868

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
Hi Dawn,I know what you mean about feeling guilty,I desperately want another fur baby the rest of the family dont want another dog but I feel totaly lost without one,I dread going home so much that I am even offering to do overtime! really,all the best Bill&Zak.

Re: Can we join the Big Dogs Please ??? 04 Oct 2012 15:26 #6869

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
Oh Bill, I do feel for you. My life without a dog would be very empty. I hope that in time you are able to persuade them otherwise. I know that when I am older, it might have to be a smaller dog but I will adapt. There is nothing like a failed foster dog that is adopted by default!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Can we join the Big Dogs Please ??? 04 Oct 2012 18:30 #6870

• akitalady9
  • Calm before the storm
I really feel for you Bill, I do hope the family change their minds. All dog lovers will know that once you have a dog, being without one just doesnt feel natural.

I used to have little chats to the old boy & he was always there when i was stressed or had a bad day, he was more than a dog - people who are not really into Dogs wouldn't have a clue what i mean & would have me down a some kind of nut !
There's something unique about Akita's

When keeks went i was devastated & nothing seemed right in the house. When he was here I used to moan about the dog hair sometimes ,but one day i hoovered & didn't really need to - that was a sad day for me

I shall probably curse the dog hair & muddy paws again - but in my heart i know that the house is complete & that once again i've helped two oldies have a bit of comfort in their senior years
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter