Welcome, Guest

Asia in the late sun pic
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Asia in the late sun pic

Asia in the late sun pic 07 Dec 2013 00:43 #9309

I hope this works this time if it does this is madam lazing on the bed in the late autumn sunshine and of course her baby is with her too
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Asia in the late sun pic 07 Dec 2013 23:07 #9310

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
Cute, cute, cute.

Re: Asia in the late sun pic 09 Dec 2013 00:13 #9314

Thank you suki she really is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever had

Re: Asia in the late sun pic 09 Dec 2013 12:13 #9319

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
She looks sweet. I would call Thorn that too, but he would object and go get out all his boy toys to try and prove me wrong.

Our vet reckons that they broke the mould when Thorn was born as he has such a lovely personality. He loves virtually everyone, is polite, and is moderately well behaved. We have worked hard to get him here with the moderate level but we are comparing him to the Great Danes and German Shepherds we previously brought up from pups. Rescue dogs never seem to have such a good training start in life.

We are converted and although we still love the other big breeds they will never hold the same part of our hearts as Thorn. He is so special and extraordinary, but then I guess you will all say that about our bears.

Re: Asia in the late sun pic 12 Dec 2013 13:06 #9327

Yes, your right, they are all extoadinary

You made me laugh about the "boy toys"

" You said....Rescue dogs never seem to have such a good training start in life."

Your right about that too, my Asia came to us with absolutly no street walking traing, she lunged at peoples faces! she dived at dogs as well, she didn't want anyone to touch her and knew no basic training at all, it was like trying to train a giant puppy! but she did eventually start to "want" to learn and it took time to show her that good behaviour pays off, she's a sucker for a cheesey treat

Re: Asia in the late sun pic 12 Dec 2013 23:08 #9329

• Suky
  • Proud and Loud
I guess I still get cross about why Thorn was put into Rescue for the second time. He was adopted by a family when he was about a year old. Apparantly, after that he did not get any further training but the worse thing in my mind was to add a tiny, fluffy kitten when Thorn was around 2.

By then they should have recognised his pronounced prey actions after a meal. He has lots of squeaky toys he can kill, although they survive the tossing and jumping on very well. Sadly, kitten did not survive these antics.

Not realising they were at fault they panicked, they were expecting a baby, and took him back! Some for ever home eh?

To add insult to injury, my poor big beastie was labelled the kitten killer by some of the staff. As we left, following our completion of the adoption papers we were told that they would expect him back in a year's time. Well, I was so darn angry that I vowed that would not happen, no matter what.

Result, we love our big beastie, we have gently trained him to respect cats, not to chase cyclists, not to bark at postmen/ladies and not to mouth. The last was his worst habit and the most disconcerting for his new friends. We soon found out he is treat boy. Wow, he is incredibly obediant if a treat is on offer.

Smiling again as all of that was three years ago and the worst he has done so far is to try to chew up this year's Christmas pot pourri. Probably my fault for leaving it on the coffee table. His face was a picture afterwards as it must have tasted horrendous. So I could not believe it when he tried a second and then a third time. For an intelligent dog he's pretty stupid at times.

Do I sound besotted? Afraid so.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter